Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Ride Board 2013-2014

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should get better and better as the snow level drops to 2500ft by thursday.

Yes, we have a near normal base again, everything is open and looking much better, Rock Garden, Showoff both looked really good now. It was getting a bit warmer as I left I think. Couple inches of fresh snow on the truck and it was wet.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Today was VERY windy and some sleety top layer on the fresh snow where it was wind exposed. All in all the best day of my season so far. Not due to snow condition nor best weather, but good old storm riding at it's best. I went over to SS and it was absolutely blasting wind. Fortunately largely straight down the lift line. This turned most folks away. Leaving those of us that toughed it out to freshies for 6-8 runs instead of 3. Had a blast. Over to Easy Rider to find it completely untracked. Smooth deep and buttery smooth. Good times today!! Clearing on the way. Friday should be excellent too. I think my legs are toast till next week!!

[ATTACH]37953[/ATTACH][ATTACH]37954[/ATTACH]

Saturday looks awesome for carving, think it's finally time for the good boards to come out! I could slip to Sunday though, need to talk to carpool buddies and see what works.

Anyone else heading up this weekend?

Hey Dan if I could catch a ride I'd be up for Sunday...

Hey Kelvin, that would be great. I'm most likely not driving myself, so need to check. You have PMs turned off, I think, could you shoot me an e-mail with your address?

Wanted to give the guys up at Schweitzer a huge thanks for being so great to carve with this week!! Their very welcoming spirit really helped to make my first carving experience at Schweitzer awesome! I rode with Russ, Mark and John on Monday and Mark & John on Tuesday. The carving conditions were near perfect on Tuesday and we rode until our legs couldn't take much more...Hope to get back up there for next year's NICE

Bright sun on arrival, quickly turned cloudy and flat light, surface was firm with frozen corn on top. Roamed around and found the best carving over on HR. My board was running super fast and even HRM was plenty fast. Warmed and Vista side softened fast. Couple hours of pretty good carving if you paid attention. Mike rode his new 174cm TNT in the am, he let me finish the day on it and it was a blast! Mine will do well to follow. Beat but very happy!! Bryan

post-198-141842411391_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842411387_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842411383_thumb.jpg

Nice, sounds like a good day! Good thing you got it in today -- I'm thinking I may have to bag this weekend because it looks crummy: forecast for wintery mix on Saturday, and heavy snow (or rain?) on Sunday over ice.

Mike's been working on a couple new "Old Man's Boards" , why do we call them that? Because now that we are officially ARP Riders / Senior Hardbooters, we want something for those firmer, faster days when conditions are not optimal. TNT moves between turns quickly , easily and oh so SMOOOOOTHLY!! Tuneable and lowest plate system means Easy Peazie until you are warmed up and want to CRANK!! Then it will hold edge and resist folding under massive pressure:) Mike got the morning on it and made me follow him around wishing I was on it :nono: Thanks for giving me a turn on this sweet carving machine!!

Now get on mine PLEASE!!!

post-198-141842411397_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842411394_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842411396_thumb.jpg

Nice, sounds like a good day! Good thing you got it in today -- I'm thinking I may have to bag this weekend because it looks crummy: forecast for wintery mix on Saturday, and heavy snow (or rain?) on Sunday over ice.

I am afraid you are right Dan. I had been eye-balling Friday as "The Day" Then an email from Mike confirmed we were on.

Slightly scary fast , hard morning with flat light , however a couple a really nice hours of riding firm corn was well worth it.

I am afraid you are right Dan. I had been eye-balling Friday as "The Day" Then an email from Mike confirmed we were on.

Slightly scary fast , hard morning with flat light , however a couple a really nice hours of riding firm corn was well worth it.

Sounds like Jon is coming down Sat, can you stop by too with doggie? Bryan

Looks good Bryan!

Thanks Jim, first runs were a bit scary, flat light and firm. After some searching I found good surface on HRM.

All the photos were when I was on the 185cm and Mike on his new TNT 174cm. Later I was feeling even better riding his new board. No photos of that session unfortunately. Bryan

Kind of tricky conditions this week. I'm going to try to head up on Saturday, but it depends on the forecast and when it's going to start raining.

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Monday the 16th

Windy , cold with freshies! Road the Tanker 200cm. Ran into a guy on the chair that said "What are the chances of meeting TWO hardbooters on the same powder day?" I said " He is no doubt a friend of mine" , He said, he had to drop his daughter off at school." I said "Jim M". :)

Funny.

Fun day!