Note to New Members ×

kids ski boots

Ernie00

I know a few of you have kids and I am curious about ski boots. My son is soon to be 5 and will be at his 4th season.

I've seen those boots that are adjustable and find the concept intresting but if they are a piece junk. Anyone have experience with them ?

http://www.levelninesports.com/Roces-2014-Adjustable-Kids-Ski-Boots

thanks

I know a few of you have kids and I am curious about ski boots. My son is soon to be 5 and will be at his 4th season.

I've seen those boots that are adjustable and find the concept intresting but if they are a piece junk. Anyone have experience with them ?

thanks

Have a second child makes things cheaper because you get to use it twice. Haven't used the boots you mention but ski swap season is fast approaching there are usually huge selections of kids stuff.

Our boys haven't used the Roces boots but we did do season rentals for a couple of seasons like Ernie suggested.The rental boots were one or two buckle pieces of doodoo however(as long as we're talking kids stuff ;-) our boys surprised us by advancing rapidly and I had them in Rossignol Comp J's for last season.There are better boots for more money but I have found these to be great bang for the buck considering that they are responsive and flexible enough to enhance rather than detract from skill building.One pair I found o ebay for 45.00 shipped in excellent condition and the other in like new condition at a local Goodwill for...wait for it... 7.00! We took great care of the boots and it will be no problem to sell them for more than 7.00 :-) There is a video on our youtube channel that shows my youngest at six having no problem hanging with the group on crappy rentals-you should see now in the Rossi's :-)

p.s. Dalbello makes great kids' boots too. I've seen them new and used for great deals.

Edited by Steve Prokopiw

We are lucky we get to pick the package with better boots and pay more, last year I was able to get boots with 3 buckles for the season.

Thanks for the info.

My son will turn 5 soon and we go ride the trees, some little pow and pretty much all the runs so we are having fun.

• 1 month later...

thanks

My 2 cents

I have 2 children 7&8 who have been skiing since about 2 yrs old. Full-tilt growth spurts have been great! highly recommend them

http://fulltiltboots.com/ski-boots/growth-spurt

My daughter has been in two consecutive pairs of those Roces boots, and they were definitely worth the money, seeing as she has gone through about 12 sizes in 5 years. Renting would have been rather expensive, as we usually ski/board on weekends. The manufacturing quality of the boots is all right. They are not made to really put pressure on the skis, they are kids' boots. But the fit seems to be o.k. (she never complained), and the level of support is sufficient. We always had to crank them down very tight, however, as her feet have always been rather long, but skinny.