Note to New Members ×

196 Coiler in Excellent Condition 475.00 Shipped/Insured/Paypal 48 States

Steve Prokopiw

I am tearfully selling the 195 Coiler that I bought from Mike T about 3 or 4 seasons ago.I do not remember all the specifics of this board's construction and tried to look up the related threads but there is a four or five year gap in the archived threads here on bomber(could find nothing between 2007 and 2012)Perhaps Mike T will be able to provide more specific info,but I believe this board had 'Superboard' construction (rubber dampening,etc ?) My own measurement shows the waist width to be 19.1 cm across the narrowest point of the base/edges. This board rides surprisingly easy for such a monster;in fact it would be a great board for someone looking to get their first truly long ride to experience what those of us who favor the long boards are hooked on.I weigh 155 lbs and,while I do ride aggressively,I found getting around on this board to be a breeze for such a big board.The sidecut does feel in the range of about 16 meters but I am not positive.I really liked how it rode on steeper runs as I could bend it into a turn without a struggle.With this board's combination of smoothness,stability and rediculously fast ride,I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

The topsheet is a 9 out of 10 with only two very small chips that are pictured.There are a couple of light marks that are not scratches,that don't show on camera and,of corse the light evidence of binding marks.The base is also 9 out of 10 with zero gouges or scratches.The edges are also 9 out of 10 as they are nearly pristine and have no noticable flaws.I am not positive but it appears that they are at about .5 degree base and 2 degree side.I never filed them and never had the board ground.

I think Mike T had put only a few days on the board, and I only put a few half days on it myself;probably has a total of about 10 days of use.

I am not in a hurry to sell this board;I just have other priorities at the moment.The price is firm and it will be expensive to ship.I will spend an hour or more packing it very well for shipping and it will be insured.Shipping, paypal fees, and insurance are included in the price of 475.00 If you happen to be in the region I live in and would want to buy it in person I would take 375.00 cash.

Edit-Trade Option-Beside the fact that I have two other longboards I ride all the time,my boys(7 and 9 years old) and I are getting into archery and have joined the local Archery club.So I am open to trades for good quality archery equipment.Examples of what I would consider for full trade, or part plus $,are; Genesis,or similar youth compound bows(low draw lbs/no letoff type)-we need one left hand and one right hand),or an adult right hand compound bow with a draw range of 50-60 lbs(would trade straight across for a bow with an original retail of 500-650 depending on condition/age.I know it's a stretch,but I thought I'd put that option on the table since that's what I'm raising $ for.

post-801-141842385303_thumb.jpg

post-801-141842385306_thumb.jpg

post-801-141842385309_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Prokopiw
Strange trade option :-)

Thanks Russ! Ironically,the last comment on that thread could hurt my chances of selling it...'definitely a board that must be tried before buying'.I respectfully disagree as it is easier to ride than many shorter boards I have tried.Besides,if someone is seriously interested in a long,high performance board,they should either be prepared to adapt to the board or pony up the 1o00.00 or more it would take to have a new custom built :-)

sometime in 2007 after email exchange with JoelP I've ordered and bought the same think - coiler 196 pure race superg superboard. it's definitely not for the faintest hearts, but it is VERY easy to ride, superboards eats beaten up snow for breakfest, and in case of emergency you can straightline downhill without hesitations. 80km/h feels like 30km/h on that caddi. definitely recommended.

superboard construction - it is about replacing some wood stringers with rubber, so this board is UBER-SUPER-damp. who've rode DH skis - you know what I mean

PS and seems like no radial sidecut here - ~17m on the nose and straight tail. carves like a breeze, straitlines like a breeze

That info sounds about right.Now,I'm starting to want to keep it again ;-) Curious to see how it would ride with a Boiler Plate! Still for sale though.
Put a plate on that thing and you've got a stretch Caddy. I've got a 186 with a plate and it's a Bulldozer. Snow load is another issue!

Curious to see how it would ride with a Boiler Plate

i'm all anti-plate. the feeling of board flexing under me is one of environmental info channels when riding, so killing it is a bad idea. and yes - SUPERBOARD construction make all of chatter dead on arrival w/o plates. and two - this board weights like it has plate IN IT already :)

@Unicorn Poop- Board is on the way and will arrive via UPS at the end of the day on Thursday in an 80" box I whipped up with lots of duct tape and way more cardboard than was necessary.Oh'and you can keep the flannel sheet I wrapped the board in(I washed it first).Enjoy.

@terekhov-I do remember that the Coiler did have that nice ride quality;probably would be redundant with a plate.The 188 THIRST I ride now seems to be begging me to put a plate on to see what I might be missing.I'll be putting a new to me Boiler Plate on it soon.

Edited by Steve Prokopiw

Pretty slick there my friend. We need to know "Carver Chic's" height FIRST :_)

Bryan, that's me!!!!! and yes, I'm all of FIVE FOOT TWO INCHES and proud of every single part of that!!!! That picture was maybe 3 years ago? at least.... There is a picture floating around somewhere of me with a 188cm board too...... (the 188 I actually rode too!)

And B0ardski, I know I can always count on you to dig into the archives for pictures like this!

The board arrived today in an almost comically long box. The UPS guy said to have fun skiing, to which I replied, "It's actually a snowboard." He looked at the box, glanced at me, returned his gaze to the box, shrugged and said, "huh... well, have fun."

For anyone down the road reading this and contemplating the purchase of a board from Steve, do it. If anything, he understated the condition of the board; it's very well taken care of and the two small dings are hardly noticeable when it's on the ground. He's a stand up guy, easy to work with, very knowledgeable and knows how to pack a board right. I'm actually going to save the box and sheet in case I have to ship a board in the future.

I'll post up tomorrow after I've had a chance to ride this thing.

Even though that is me from a few years ago in the picture, I can't comment on the board.... I'm not that crazy to ride that beast! (but he did let me touch it!) hahahaha.... just kidding... the 188cm board I did get to try was plenty big though! Anyway, I will comment on your post since I've ridden with Steve on more that a few occasions... yes, he knows his stuff, is fun to ride with, and overall a great and reliable person!

I wish I could have been the fly on the wall to see that expression from the UPS guy!!!