Note to New Members ×

Catek Parts

JohnnyLo

Posted this in the wanted section. Had no luck.

Thought I would try it here hopefully someone has extras laying around.

I am looking for complete set of screws, bolts, nuts. Whatever they are called for the Catek OS2. The ones I have are stripped.

Thanks in advance for the help

JohnnyLo, " I am looking for complete set of screws, bolts, nuts. Whatever they are called for the Catek OS2. The ones I have are stripped."

Stainless Steel screws, bolts, nuts & set screws are available from many Industrial Suppliers ( McMaster / Carr, Fastenal, MSC, Grainger, etc.) :biggthump

If your King Pin Nuts (the spherical nut that holds the Top Plate to the Base) are stripped, you'll probably need to find a Machine Shop to duplicate them :( unless you have the ability yourself.

Respectfully Johnny;

Anyone who rides cateks and has spare parts is highly unlikely to cough them up as their supply is currently completely limited.

Your best bet is to actually pick up a used set of bindings that someone is selling cheap as they have given up on Catek and is moving over to Bombers.

The spherical nut at the center of the Catek is the one part that can't be easily sourced from McMaster etc. Because if this, it is also the part that people will be the most reluctant to cough up.

If you just need the m6x20's for the toe and heel blocks, and the m6x12's for mounting the base plate to the board, and possibly the m6x really short for mounting the power plates, I can sell you those out of my tool box.

JohnnyLo, " I am looking for complete set of screws, bolts, nuts. Whatever they are called for the Catek OS2. The ones I have are stripped."

Stainless Steel screws, bolts, nuts & set screws are available from many Industrial Suppliers ( McMaster / Carr, Fastenal, MSC, Grainger, etc.) :biggthump

If your King Pin Nuts (the spherical nut that holds the Top Plate to the Base) are stripped, you'll probably need to find a Machine Shop to duplicate them :( unless you have the ability yourself.

I am going to try that and see where it gets me. Kind of crazy that it is this difficult to get parts

Respectfully Johnny;

Anyone who rides cateks and has spare parts is highly unlikely to cough them up as their supply is currently completely limited.

Your best bet is to actually pick up a used set of bindings that someone is selling cheap as they have given up on Catek and is moving over to Bombers.

The spherical nut at the center of the Catek is the one part that can't be easily sourced from McMaster etc. Because if this, it is also the part that people will be the most reluctant to cough up.

If you just need the m6x20's for the toe and heel blocks, and the m6x12's for mounting the base plate to the board, and possibly the m6x really short for mounting the power plates, I can sell you those out of my tool box.

Yeah I can see why they do not want to give them up. I pretty much need everything. Want to replace them all as they all look pretty shot. May be investing in Bombers lol I am sure spare parts from them cant be to hard to come by. Shoot me a PM about those parts

I should know better being a Maintenance Tech by trade, as I've pretty much seen everything but.............

I really don't understand how the King Pin nuts can get messed up? Being they are Stainless and ride in Aluminum, I am baffled.

What seems to be the issue, are the threads stripped ? It would seem to me that they should be able to be 'cleaned up'. Either with a tap (if indeed it is a thread issue) or polishing up the Ball area if that is the issue. Tap them out, polish them up and lubricate the threads & ball area when installing them (stainless to stainless is very prone to 'pick up').

Damage to any of the Allen bolts is understandable, it is common with Flat Head & Button Head Allens. Generally from people using the wrong size Allen Keys (wrenches) & from over-torquing, but over time they do get worn and need to be replaced. More than likely over time, someone has been using Standard Allen Wrenches on the Metric Allen Bolts.

Any of your buddies have a Machine Shop with a Screw Machine / Lathe ? That sucker would spit them out by the dozens in minutes !

Oh, I guarantee you, you would not have any problems getting Bomber parts !

email sent

Edited by jp1

I bought a pair of OS1's back from an engineer (really, he had the pinky ring) because he stripped the head of the kingpin bolt trying to tighten it, then he proclaimed them "unsafe". I didn't feel like arguing. I've seen other bindings, it's always the Allen heads that get butchered, often because the key is so old. No different to Philips screws, why else did they have to invent Posi-driv ?

I should know better being a Maintenance Tech by trade, as I've pretty much seen everything but.............

I really don't understand how the King Pin nuts can get messed up?

Watched a guy walk the upper plate right off the base in mid-turn. Had only 1.5 turns of the kingpin into the spherical nut, and the nut was not hard up against the 'mid-plate'.

Of course he was angry with CATEK for the absent threads...

As you are no doubt aware, simple mechanical devices and their workings overwhelm more than a few people.

The greater problem with the nut is the ease with which they disappear.

Any of your buddies have a Machine Shop with a Screw Machine / Lathe ? That sucker would spit them out by the dozens in minutes !

I'd make a few; but not about to take the heat when the end user can't wind their head around proper thread engagement and spirals a tibia.

Beckman AG, " As you are no doubt aware, simple mechanical devices and their workings overwhelm more than a few people."

So true, unfortunately though most don't realize they are overwhelmed. I cringe and at times have to walk away watching some perform such basic mechanical tasks.

Heck, I work with 'mechanics' that have no concept of TPI, fine / coarse threads (Posi-Drive / Phillips) and Metric's forget about it.

Probably the same way they feel when they see me pecking away at a computer :smashfrea(but at least I admit to being computer illiterate).

Chris, you mean them little lines on Phillips head screws mean something :eek: .......

Whatever they are doing with mis-threading, or what have you; I'll never understand. Attach/Disassemble/Dismantling daily for waxing, on snow freeriding AMs daily for years/training hours and never a problem with these nuts/bolts/divots. Don't worry, these are some of the best binding you can find to this day. Never problem communicating with Caron, never problem with these exceptional binding...but I guess that is perhaps luck. Hehe

I am sure I have every bolt you will ever need. Give me a couple days and I will get back. What else do you need? I have extra FR straps, etc. Yes: etc. I will reply here on the board, as no more private PM mail tag. We no longer hold sale for no-shows.

Whatever they are doing with mis-threading, or what have you; I'll never understand. Attach/Disassemble/Dismantling daily for waxing, on snow freeriding AMs daily for years/training hours and never a problem with these nuts/bolts/divots. Don't worry, these are some of the best binding you can find to this day. Never problem communicating with Caron, never problem with these exceptional binding...but I guess that is perhaps luck. Hehe

I am sure I have every bolt you will ever need. Give me a couple days and I will get back. What else do you need? I have extra FR straps, etc. Yes: etc. I will reply here on the board, as no more private PM mail tag. We no longer hold sale for no-shows.

I pretty much need all the screws and bolts. Well let me rephrase I do not think I NEED!!!!! them however they are old have wear on them and are a little stripped from adjusting for a while. Not from me but I bought them used so I am sure they have a good amount of use on them

hmm. OK you DO NOT need OS/FR discs, used or unused, or OS bales or OS1/OS2 elastomer or the like from Catek universe...

No problem Sir. I understand your wants and English fair enough and I will set the bolts, nuts, screws aside and reply with a catalogue of the nuts and bolt list for you ok? I am easy, random bolts are easier to ship, and life is wonderful yea?

hmm. OK you DO NOT need OS/FR discs, used or unused, or OS bales or OS1/OS2 elastomer or the like from Catek universe...

No problem Sir. I understand your wants and English fair enough and I will set the bolts, nuts, screws aside and reply with a catalogue of the nuts and bolt list for you ok? I am easy, random bolts are easier to ship, and life is wonderful yea?

Hahah life is great. Sounds perfect. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Updating everyone on the Catek part journey.

Went to local machine shop. Turns out they have the exact tiny screws that cater was using.....only difference was that it was not allen it was straight screw....not that I really care so I took a bunch and it worked out perfectly.....

Soooo my journey continues. Was wondering if anyone has A os1 or os2 baseplate I am sure this is a long shot but going to give it a try......Does the burton plate work as well???? If so does anyone have 1????

Hope everyone is having a great season