Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek

jtslalom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Creek today. Classic crappy grooming. Granite chair was supposed to open by 10:00 but did not while I was there. Should be good for tonight though.

I will try for early Sunday but not sure.

Feels great to get out, I've been out 4 times just this week between Mt Peter and Creek. Looking forward to more terrain like zero g opening. Temps don't look good next week. Get it while you can.

It looks like we will have a few carvers out there on Sunday. Dave, Joe, and I will be there. It would be nice to have you along Eric. Maybe Mike, John and Grobm could make it as well. It's always nice to ride with a pack of plate riders. Sorry about the crappy grooming Eric. Usually Mountain Creek likes to groom with snow but desperate times call for desperate measures. I guess they had an abundance of crap from the weekend and decided to groom with it. Must had smelled pretty bad.

See ya Sunday

• 3 weeks later...

hi. this is Ralph. I'm reading the bomber forum again so please keep updating when you will be at MC and I'll try to make it. I'm there most Tuesday afternoons but, that's teaching my 4 year old, so no carving then, unless I scoop him under my arm, which wouldn't be a bad idea, but he wouldn't learn much.

Creek has been pretty damn good this week. Mon 1/21 was scraped off boilerplate, rocks everywhere. Within 3 days the whole mountain has been transformed. Lots of new snow, groomed well. Its has been a good week.

Have not been to South yet, can't wait to destroy the groom in the terrain park. :eplus2:

Creek has been pretty damn good this week. Mon 1/21 was scraped off boilerplate, rocks everywhere. Within 3 days the whole mountain has been transformed. Lots of new snow, groomed well. Its has been a good week.

Have not been to South yet, can't wait to destroy the groom in the terrain park. :eplus2:

Erik!!! what's up?? Heard you rode with my nephew the othe day. Still folding up that 158 Madd huh? You ain't lying - the snow has been hero. Jtslalom, Dave and I sliced up South today. Give me a shout when your coming out again. Be good to get in some turns with you.

On another note - We have a trip to Bellayre planned for this coming Fri. Let us know if you can make it. Jt started a thread on it.

Hey cafe. Yes I met John - it seems good people run in your family. Hope you're doing well.

I hit north today before work but had to leave by 9:15, great conditions.

Bellayre sounds great but Fridays are tough for me w work. If I can, I will go, but it will most likely be a last minute decision based on how busy work is.

Hey cafe. Yes I met John - it seems good people run in your family. Hope you're doing well.

I hit north today before work but had to leave by 9:15, great conditions.

Bellayre sounds great but Fridays are tough for me w work. If I can, I will go, but it will most likely be a last minute decision based on how busy work is.

Keep us in the loop Erik. Not that I don't wish a slow Friday at work......I'm just saying.

Looks like belleayre may be a little tough for friday with all this rain.

I have the day off so looks like may be going to mt creek.

may work out a little better not to far away. I also have a few people interested in coming. A skier and maybe 4 boarders. With it being at creek maybe EricJ can join as well same with Mike (carvingbassist). Also met another hardbooter last year who is a chef as well he is going to creek friday

So could be a good day

Let me know who else is interested in coming. Spoke to mark (jtslalom) and he seems like hes for creek as well

The rain is really making it hard for the Belleayre trip to happen. We are suppose to get a whole lot of it tonight (Wednesday). I think Mountain Creek may be where we all end up. I am going to wait until Thursday night to make my decision. I have the day off anyway so I know one thing is for sure, I am going riding.

I checked on the Belleayre website and it looks like they got hit just as hard as we did with rain.

Their website states, "BEWARE OF ICY PATCHES AND BARE SPOTS. TRAILS & LIFTS MAY OPEN & CLOSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS CONDITIONS WARRANT." This is as of Thursday 1/31/13.

I don't think I will be heading up to Belleayre on Friday 2/1/13. Instead I will be riding at Mountain Creek. I checked their website today (Thurs 1/31/13) and conditions do not look that great either but it is only a 6 minute drive for me and I have the day off anyway. I will see all of you there.

Had a great day riding at Mountain Creek today (Friday 2/1/13) Hats off to the snowmakers at Creek. I would have NEVER believed that they could get the slopes back so quick as they did. Conditions today were pretty damn good. Although we had to ride under some snow guns the slopes were relatively soft from all the new snow they made. The few slopes that they didn't make snow on were surprisingly carvable. We were able to drive some good turns today. My only gripe is that the steeper trails width are still a little to narrow to really open things up. All in all a really good day riding with Dave. We met up with Chris "the chef" (other than EricJ) and went for 2 runs with him. Sorry Chris about only two runs but after 4 hours of carving my legs became jello. I will be riding tomorrow morning with Joe and John for an hour or so. Hope to see other carvers there.

Mountain Creek really stepped up these last two days. They have been making snow around the clock and the conditions have been superb. I went riding today with Johnylo and cafercr (John and Joe) and it was great. Ofcourse it is always great to ride behind guys that can rip but it is even more fun when the conditions are good. That was the case today. We were out for only about 3 hours but all in all it was a great day.

I will be riding again one or possibly two week nights this week and one day next weekend. I have the whole week off for presidents week and will be at Mountain Creek quite often. I will post when the time come up. Hope to see other carvers there.

Upper Straightaway was good but there is not alot of trail width to really round your turns. The upper half of Great northern was pretty soft for carving but should be a little firmer tomorrow so long as they shut the snow blowers off. They were on all day today. Stay right after coming down Great Northern and ride out the flats until you get to the crest of the steeper part. That part of the slope was by far the nicest for carving. It wasn't soft but that perfect firmness for carving. Once again there is not quite enough trail width to really open it up and round your turns but if you commit and the lighting is just right you can do it. The green trail that most people ride on at north was very good for carving. The snow is a little slow but just fast enough to make wide turns if you can get your speed up a little. There were not alot of people there today for a Saturday. I wouold say about half the crowd that there usually is. I guess the rain has kept them all away. Good luck tomorrow. Dave should be riding. Look for him. He usually rides a Donek with softboots. Have fun.

rode there last Sunday midday. pretty good snow conditions, although wished they weren't blowing snow on open trails. Great Northern and Zero G were good, not a lot of people. Did a few runs down Horizon, not the best spot with the crowd, although must admit it was fun using slow movers as moving slalom gates :eplus2:

Also if they ever fully groomed Granite, my opinion it's the best carving trail on the mountain. Hope to see some fellow carvers out there.

Hey Sharples, hope to ride with you this year. I have to hand it to Mountain Creek. They have really come through with making snow over the last week. Ever since to warm up and then the immediate freeze, I had thought conditions would have been terrible. However, Noutain Creek has made quite a bit of snow and grooming has been decent.

I will be riding tonight at MC from 7 pm until closing. I will be on North and Granite Peaks. Hope to see others out there.

Looks like we may get a good storm on friday have fingers crossed if it turns out correct may get some snow accumulation......make the weekend a great time to be at creek......

Heading to camelback on sunday if anyone is interested should be meeting a couple carvers there...Uncle(cafercr) is going as well

Looks like we may get a good storm on friday have fingers crossed if it turns out correct may get some snow accumulation......make the weekend a great time to be at creek......

Heading to camelback on sunday if anyone is interested should be meeting a couple carvers there...Uncle(cafercr) is going as well

Heading to NH thursday is all plans work out nad i hope they do. 2+feet snow expected Fri-Sat. Just need to decide where to ride.

I rode last night (Thursday 2/6/13) from 7 to 9 pm. WOW, conditions were insanely good. The snow was like stiff styrafoam. It was the kind of snow where if you drive your turns moderately hard you stuck them but if you were lazy you slid a little. It was perfect for technical riding. Sayanora had great snow on it and was wide enough to get about 4 good turns on the steep part. As I was leaving they started to put on the snow blowers. Man I really got to hand it to MountainCreek this year. They are doing an excellent job of getting snow on the slopes. I just hope they spread the snow out a little more and widen Zero-G.

Diveburt, if you are really interested inriding with other carvers at MC post the times that you are riding. There are quite a few guys that check the forum and are willing to meet up with you.

I have only seen one guy in hard boots ...

Look for carvers and not necessarily guys in hard boots. There are quite a few soft boot riders that can turn at MC.