Note to New Members ×

Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2012/13

pan

Wonderfull, warm, sunny day, no people!

Of course, snow turned into slush later on, but that can be fun too! First Sun, yummy soft, slow, spring bumps - almost as good as carving :D

Tony was spoted on softies (good decision I guess), Luka with club on skis, Patric for 1hr lesson with me...

When I split from Patric at about 11am, I went to check the Bowen Face bumps - mistake, too early, still cruddy and somewhat hard, but some car-sized ones too. First Sun, after lunch was way better, though! I did some entertaining slush carving on Nidecker, down the JJA. Amazing how that board always handles well.

Tomorrow will be the last day of the Raven chair :(

post-1678-141842391236_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueB

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Cypress web-site, spring rate ticket price will last til April 15th. Does it mean Cypress will close on 15th?

Was at Grouse for last 3 days, very slushy and heavy snow. Dirt is shown on lower Cut. I think Grouse is also planning to close on 15th.

Hey Whistler crew, your southern neighbors on Mt. Hood are trying to put together a small session to cap off the 2013 season. See details here: <a href="http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39976-2013-Last-Licks-at-Timberline-Mt-Hood-May-18-21">http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39976-2013-Last-Licks-at-Timberline-Mt-Hood-May-18-21</a> Hope some of you can make it!

Hey Whistler crew, your southern neighbors on Mt. Hood are trying to put together a small session to cap off the 2013 season. See details here: <a href="http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39976-2013-Last-Licks-at-Timberline-Mt-Hood-May-18-21">http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39976-2013-Last-Licks-at-Timberline-Mt-Hood-May-18-21</a> Hope some of you can make it!

Hey thanks Dan!

Not very likely but I'll keep it on my mind.

Windy cold snowy day... Concrete like snow and poor grooming in the am, but got better with accumulation later.

Tony on softies, Pan with a group of aspiring Casi3, Luka and me on skis for closing race of the Cypress Club.

Race course was on Maelle Ricker, prety well salted and prepped. A lot longer steeper and harder then what we did last year. No, I didn't wrack myself again ;) actually I did jolly good - beating all other dads and few coaches :) However, couldn't beat the younger coaches. Luka got bronze medal in his age group!

poor grooming in the am

Today was the worst grooming I've seen. Ridges and ruts all over the place. JJ was not groomed. Other runs were only groomed half-width. On Collins there was a snow boulder in the middle of the run. It measured approximately 24" x 18" x 18". I rolled it to the side with the assistance of a speed-cop. Also on Collins there was a 6" high boulder solidly frozen into the run. Anyone hitting it at speed would have been hurt very badly. I hacked it off with my snowboard.

Luka and me showed up on skis only at about noon. Snow was surprisingly good, especially on Collins. No crowd either, until 1:30ish.

Luka was just killing it, railing both edges. Where was that all year long???

Later we found Patrick and carried on with him.

It snowed a bit too.

Now the shocker: Tomorrow is the last day of Cypress :( Apparently no phatom reopenings for the weekends either. To bad, tons of good snow still...

Anyways, if anyone of the Grouse crowd is up for a ride, I have 2 free tickets. Doug? Ruwi?

Roy and me should be there at about 10am.

• 4 months later...

Hey everybody, got the new login & password for the Cypress corporate discounts.

Bellow is all the info & here is the password

Username: noel

Password: MOONS14

(Caps Sensitive)

Free Airbags Jumps and the Cheapest Seasons Passes with my group login at Cypress Mountain.

Any questions or concerns call Noel @ 778 389 7323 or Cypress Mountain @ 604 926 5612

Discounted Cypress Mountain seasons pass for 2013/2014 season. Buy early and save, cheaper than early bird, big 5, and family discount. Here is the info or if you know anyone wanting to save on a pass, spread the love all.

Please feel free to follow the instructions as stated below.

1. Please visit www.cypressmountain.com; go to the Groups Menu then Corporate/Group Sales Page, then click "Group Login" under Downloads & Related Links

or use the following link:

https://www.tixforcypressmountain.com/e-commerce/GrpLogin.aspx

2. To access these special rates you will need the following:

Username: noel

Password: MOONS14

(Caps Sensitive)

Please use the above user name and password in the appropriate fields to access the online sales system.

3. You are now logged into Cypress online sales system and will be able to purchase your passes at your discounted group rates. Please also note credit cards are the only form of payment for online purchases.

If you are unable to purchase on a credit card and wish to purchase by cheque, please read the following:

 An application form is required to be filled out in full and submitted to the Group Leader prior to their deadline.

 All cheques can be made out to "Cypress Mountain".

 Application forms can be downloaded at www.cypressmountain.com

Cypress Mountain's Group Season Pass Pricing Deadline is October 2nd, 2013 at 1:00pm.

For further questions or info please contact

Noel @ 778 389 7323 or Cypress Mountain @ 604 926 5612

See you on the slopes