Note to New Members ×

Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2012/13

pan

Not sure when will Grouse and Cypress be opened this season. Whistler opening day is on Nov. 22. I will be up working with the CASI crew until the Nov. 25. Hopefully, it won't be raining like last season.

Will go up to Grouse to do some warm-up once it's open. Haven't do much exercise this summer. Mostly surfing in front of computer.

Boris, when will Cypress be opened? Any insider news? How's your hip recovering process?

Edited by pan
Change to Awesome Title!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pan and other Van carvers!

Shell we ask Jack to rename this thread to something like "Vancouver 2012/13", or "Cypress, Grouse, Seymore, Whistler - 2012/13"? Then we can all post here and drop the "diaries" threads...

I guess Cypress will open as soon as it's cold enough to make snow. We've got lots of extra snow guns. Our internal training is set for November 17-18, so they are planning to make snow before that.

I've been appointed "Private on Demmand (POD) Instructor", 2nd year in the row.

Hip is pretty good, thanks. I'm at about 95% speed and 85% mobillity and still improving. Still hurts when tired, though. Pretty fit too - skateboarded and played tennis all summer, somme competitive Laser sailing too...

Any CASI L3 courses planned for Cypress this season?

Edited by BlueB

Hey Boris, good to know you recovering well.

I've tried to edit the title, doesn't work. Have to ask Jack to change the thread's title or start up another thread.

Internal training, does it mean there are on-snow training too? So, Cypress will open that weekend.

NEW CASI video, course guild, manual, schedule are all updated. You can check them out on CASI web site. There are three CASI 3 courses in Vancouver region, one in Dec at Cypress, two in March at Cypress and Grouse again. They have added one more day to the course and change the teaching material. More detail can be found in the course guild.

I heard Andrew will take care the snow park. That means, bigger park with more features this season.

Boris, may be you want to do a gathering for all the Van carvers before the season start!

Can't wait to be back on snow again!

MAYA AND I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hi Vancouver Carvers!

Some of you carvers know my daughter Maya, who is currently in Grade 7 at Hastings Elementary French Immersion.

She and her classmates are fundraising for a trip for 45 Grade 7 kids to go to Quebec City and Montreal this coming February- and the flagship event that they have is a Dance snd Silent Auction that is going to be held on December 7th at Britannia Community Centre.

I am putting a plea out to the Vancouver Carving crew to look into their quivers and gear closets to see if you can spare any NOS freeride boards that can be donated for this event.

I sent an email to Jasey Jay Snowboards for a Cypress board donation- we'll see how that goes. I am also going to hit up the Boardroom and Pacific Boarder for swag and boards.

It would be great if we could donate 3-4 NOS freeride boards bewteen 148-158 cms for this cause. Please call me on my cell at 604.671.9848 if you can contribute.

Regards,

Geo

Edited by crucible

From Cypress website:

"New Snow Cat: We are expectingrdelivery of another new monster Pisten Bully PB600 Snow Cat with a super sized Polar Blade before the end of October - this machine is designed to move more snow, lay out the best corduroy track possible, and consume much less energy than either of the 2 Bombardier 275 Snowcats it will replace. Our Alpine Snowcat fleet will now be made up of a PB600 Winch Cat, our new PB600 Free Groomer, a PB400 Winch Cat, a PB400 Free Groomer and our Park Cat - a Prinoth 350 - huge firepower, so we're looking forward to our best grooming conditions ever for the winter of 2012/13."

Geo, sorry buddy, I have nothing freeride sub 165...

From Cypress website:

Our Pre-Season Season Pass Sale Ends November 1st, 2012!

It snowed very lightly most of yesterday and it's still coming down early this morning - a bit of accumulation (1-2 cm) at the base but more up top. Temperatures did not drop low enough for Snowmaking last night but the crew are on 24 hour standby waiting for the right temps to make more (click on the new Video on the right). We hauled snow form the parking lots all of last night to get the loading station of Eagle Express ready for a possible early opening!

Be sure to catch our final Pre-Season Season Pass Sale deadline with just over a week to go! Get ready to Shred!!

I have a feeling they are trying to open on Nov 2 and break the record again...

Geo, I only have an old used freeride 145. Sorry.

I was the Vancouver Snow Show last night. Lots of people. Rail Jam is pretty cool.

Some used equipment for kid had a fairly good price.

Chatting with some of my friends inside. Sound like one of those Vancouver hills will open in mid Nov.

Count down is on!

Howdy All - I'm new.. can someone tell me how to post a question? Thanks.

Welcome to BOL forums Bojangles.

Find an appropriate forum category, related thread or just start your own thread.

Enjoy!! Bryan

Descriptions and Instructions here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_posting

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

• 2 weeks later...