Note to New Members ×

These boots looks pretty familiar

Ernie00

I find the only major problem with the indys I have other than the lousy buckles, fairly inappropriate fit for my feet (solved by going down a size then blowing out the front, moulding and then smashing the hard spots with a hammer to paperthin to pack them out) and RAB jamming (fixed by changing to the BTS) is that the sole appears to distort and bend...if you had a ski boot type sole on them, then the base would be a lot more solid, with the flex happening from the ankle up rather than throughout the boot.

So this could be pretty interesting.

I am not sure how much walking around on the soles can be done, given that the indys come with a crazily soft rubber sole that would last a couple of days walking up and down the road at Whakapapa...so no matter what you need to only use the boots on snow or soft surfaces...so is the rubber sole actually useful? Maybe useful in generating a slight amount of movement in the binding/boot connection, but wouldn't that be better to be designed into the binding or boot than using a hack solution of a soft sole?

Here's the writeup in the Buyer's Guide. Caught my attention.

2mf14zl.jpg

I had been looking for a boot that I could use to hop back and forth between skis and my board. Last year I opted for the Dalbello Krypton Pro and was pretty pleased with the performance on both setups. I wonder how this boot would work.