Note to New Members ×

Lance...time to stir the pot..what say you

powdahbonz

My question is what is his main objective here long term? He being the consummate planner, conniver and liar, everything he did in his life was for a purpose, so what is it now that he has to come out? Politics? :nono:

Politics might save him for a while but won't the perjury laws stitch him up in the big house for a while before he can run the country?

tyler hamilton, floyd landis, bjarne riis and any other cyclist in memory has only ever admitted to doping when "cornered". faced with irrefutable evidence, they suddenly get "confessional" and feign contrition. being sorry for one's actions is not the same as being sorry one got caught. how is lance so different? (aside from his big fish status). they all deny, deny, deny and tow the line and run the whole gamut. cycling is dirty and has been for generations - it'll continue that way until there is no corporate money to grovel for. $ will decide, as usual.

not a lance defender so much as not understanding why people can't grasp that this is simply the way it's been for ages, lance or no lance. some friends have called cycling "cat and mouse" for as long as i can remember.

Edited by davekempmeister

Would it be bad for me to say that he'd be a brilliant politician? He's proved he can lie, cheat, cover up, backtrack and dissemble with the best of them. He'd be a shoe-in.

Not at all, as it is all true unfortunately.

Would it be bad for me to say that he'd be a brilliant politician? He's proved he can lie, cheat, cover up, backtrack and dissemble with the best of them. He'd be a shoe-in.

for sure. a pathological liar with a complete lack of empathy; textbook sociopath, or perfect politician.