Note to New Members ×

adivce on coiler monster

RichNH

having trouble finding a review of this board. I'm thinking it might be a good choice for me. I'm looking for something that will help me tighten up my turns and be more forgiving than my prior WCR. It sounds to me like the monster is perfect. Anyone own one? thanks!

Edited by RichNH
spelling

There is a review on page 2 of this forum. This board will absolutely chew up varied terrain and afternoon snow, not so good on the ice.

Just email Bruce and tell him what you want out of a board and where you will mainly be riding, he won't disappoint.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?28004-Coiler-Monster-182

My old review. Most of the gushing parts of that review are due to it being a metal board, but the overall vibe is the same. The Monster is a great mellow cruiser. It's happy when you're going fast and making big turns, but if you're aggressive it can make tighter turns. It sucks at low speeds, like every 180+ board.

Mine will be up for sale in the fall. It's still great, but my riding has changed.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am researching the new Monsters. According to Bruce, for 185 he is offering two SCRs - 14/15 and 12.7/15/14. I am a bit confused. Does anyone have a Monster with SCR 12.7/15/14? If so, I would really appreciate some input. I pretty much see what to expect from the 14/15 version, but the other one is not too clear.

Thanks!