Note to New Members ×

Quick Trip To Sandpoint Idaho

Flying into Spokane, driving to Sandpoint to look at a car. HOPEFULLY driving it back to Portland.

Be cool to visit with any BOL members in the area , lunch, coffee ?

Bryan

Maybe take the scenic drive home. Depends on the car and how I feel at the time.

Love to jump over and surprise Slopetool or go West/northwest and see what Tim S is up to.

Would love to meet you for lunch next Mon. Bryan, assuming I'm not on Warren island (lake Pend Oreille) working on a green house.

Boat ride to work is fun on one hand but a pain to haul materials & tools.

Give me a ring and let's touch base next weekend, 2 o 8 61o 2169

Would love to meet you for lunch next Mon. Bryan, assuming I'm not on Warren island (lake Pend Oreille) working on a green house.

Boat ride to work is fun on one hand but a pain to haul materials & tools.

Give me a ring and let's touch base next weekend, 2 o 8 61o 2169

Cool, I would like that!!

I got a hall pass to come up to Sandpoint on Monday as I'll be in Spokane on Sunday and staying overnight in Post Falls.It would be cool for the NICE crew to get together with you, Bryan. I'll plan to be up there or in Coeur d'Alene.Whatever works best for everybody..Meeting up with carving brothers and sisters is always a great excuse for beer and food:-)

I got a hall pass to come up to Sandpoint on Monday as I'll be in Spokane on Sunday and staying overnight in Post Falls.It would be cool for the NICE crew to get together with you, Bryan. I'll plan to be up there or in Coeur d'Alene.Whatever works best for everybody..Meeting up with carving brothers and sisters is always a great excuse for beer and food:-)

Excellent! (I am being brief, in a meeting ) that would be great Steve

edit. I was in a meeting about retirement!!! Maybe, maybe not, soon. I will be 55 this Sept and may take an early retirement. The meeting was like 3 hours of stuff I was pretty familiar with. It was sort of required should I decide to bail early. There was some good news about options, bad news about health care (lack there of)

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

I will need to get a temporary permit in Sandpoint I think and then I am on my own. Hopefully I will be driving a road worthy classic home. It would be great to meet up with some of my BOL friends for sure. Perhaps lunch in SP and Dinner in CDA :)

Then ?? Sort of depends on if I have confidence in the rig. Sort of short notice I know. Bryan post-198-141842369651_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842369635_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842369645_thumb.jpg

Nice car, Bryan! Rare Pontiac, right? Love to take a ride in it with you, bro. I know how you like to drive.....haha.

Hi Ed. Not super rare. Just me thinking it would be cool to drive the car I had in High School again. I have been looking for a while. Actually bought several on line that didn't pan out. Hopefully this one is as described. It is actually in better condition than what I had been looking for (and more expensive) however, I keep running into allot of rust etc. Doesn't hurt that I can use it right away. Bryan

Heading xcountry in a similar Subaru Baja tomorrow (the one behind the GTO) hope your aftermarket air keeps you cool behind all that horse power. Did you bring along a suitcase full of 8tracks ?

Yes, I hope the AC works but I doubt it! It has a cassette player. I will however be looking for my Kraco Underdash 8-track

player to bring it up to snuff. I already have the "Sun" Tach and SW oil and temp gauge set with wood grain sticker on chrome. :) Tempest NOT GTO. It will not be a "Tribute" car as long as I own it anyway. Glad to find a Tempest I don't have to CONVERT back to it's origin . Wow, the memories are already flooding back.

It is going to be hard to decide how far I want to bring it back to what I had. There are some creature comforts I have come to like. Originally I was looking to go pro touring with it , or at least Pro Mod it. The one I had in HS was really fast.

High School drags , open headers , cheater slicks it would pull the front wheels off the ground like a pro stocker. Don't quite need that. Or do I :eplus2:

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

I was going to say 442 before seeing the grill.

"67 ?

In Canada a Tempest was a rebadged ( Corvair rear engine skidding machine) availabe with a boxer six multiple carbs. Go like hell couldn't stop it without spinnig it around backwards. Ralph Nader saved many lives fighting GM on that one! With the succes of Tempest and GTO in USA GM Canada brought out the Beaumont and Chevelle. A chevelle SS with 396 4speed muncie will set you back 50K. The american pontiac big blocks were soon to be beat by the chevrolet big block 396,427 and finally the 454. The backbone of every GM hot rod in Canada today.

I was going to say 442 before seeing the grill.

"67 ?

Close, 65.

They offered a number of engine choices, inline six, 326, 389

It was common to install a 400 from the grand prix etc. This has the 400 with the original 326 stored and included.

I will have to get the other motor some other day.

In Canada a Tempest was a rebadged ( Corvair rear engine skidding machine) availabe with a boxer six multiple carbs. Go like hell couldn't stop it without spinnig it around backwards. Ralph Nader saved many lives fighting GM on that one! With the succes of Tempest and GTO in USA GM Canada brought out the Beaumont and Chevelle. A chevelle SS with 396 4speed muncie will set you back 50K. The american pontiac big blocks were soon to be beat by the chevrolet big block 396,427 and finally the 454. The backbone of every GM hot rod in Canada today.

Did not know that. Crazy! I did know that the Pontiac had a trans axle in an earlier version.

Did not know that. Crazy! I did know that the Pontiac had a trans axle in an earlier version.

I'd rather be riding an American version more metal and it shook the ground with headers. Does it have the Radio shack FM converter for the AM radio ? :lol::lol:

Maybe yes maybe no. Work is spotty to say the least 45hrs one week 8 the next. Don’t know about Monday yet. I will know Sunday.

I bet I will make it happen.

Completely understand. It would be great to be able to talk alpine with BOL members over a beer and pizza. I know it

is short notice and I certainly don't expect folks to drop their plans.

Plans continue to be laid in place. Lets just hope it is as "Road Ready" as the seller's agent professes

my gut feeling was not to depend on a totally unknown car to drive 8 hours it's first voyage.

Hey, I am off work, it is summer, I need a road trip/adventure and airfare was inexpensive.

Everyone in Idaho can be trusted right!! :) So , roll the dice and let the cards fall where they may.

(my first stop will be the motor vehicle dept for temp permit. Then a parts store to get couple fan belts , antifreeze, oil and some cheap jumper wires)

Hey Bryan.I've been out and about all weekend,but I am game for whatever the Sandpoint guys want to do.So I can drive up to Sandpoint if everyone wants to meet up there.Otherwise Coeur d' Alene is fine too.I know Mark Miller would like to join in but I don't know if he'll be able to go to sandpoint.Maybe a couple of early evening beers in CDA to finish the day?It was beautiful at the lakefront this evening.208-682 five three seven one.

Hey Bryan.I've been out and about all weekend,but I am game for whatever the Sandpoint guys want to do.So I can drive up to Sandpoint if everyone wants to meet up there.Otherwise Coeur d' Alene is fine too.I know Mark Miller would like to join in but I don't know if he'll be able to go to sandpoint.Maybe a couple of early evening beers in CDA to finish the day?It was beautiful at the lakefront this evening.208-682 five three seven one.

Cool Steve!! I will send you my number right now.

Thanks, Bryan