Note to New Members ×

Madd BX with carbon fiber butterfly - $250+shipping

Dan

It's taken me awhile to take the photos and get them up here, but here it is: I'm selling my Madd BX with carbon wing. I'm asking $250+shipping from Portland 97205. (Antique Cateks not included at that price.)

These boards all got custom names printed on the topsheet - this one is "The Annunciator". I bought it from Shaggy -- given that he had a whole stable of Madds to choose from, I'm not sure how much he rode it, but I probably have about 30-40 days on it. I believe they specced the length on these as 168 cm (but they're actually a bit longer); I measure the nose/waist/tail as 29 cm / 24 cm / 29 cm. This has the carbon butterfly and is fairly stiff (for me at 155 lbs). It has steel inserts, rather than brass, and approx. 1.5 cm of camber.

The topsheet is in pretty good shape, maybe a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 - just one rough spot at the end of the wing where I got tagged by an out of control snowboarder. The base has one long ugly scratch, about 14 inches long. It doesn't go to the core, and it's aligned with the long axis of the board (i.e., doesn't affect how the board rides flat), so I haven't repaired it. Base still has structure and I've never ground it (or tuned the edges, for that matter, shame on me). There are a few dings on the edges, but nothing that won't come out with an edge tune.

West Carven, Dan OK and Slopestar have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd dibs at this board. If they all pass, NICE organizers are next, then it's open season.

P1010105-1.jpg

P1010106.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010109.jpg

Edited by Dan

It's taken me awhile to take the photos and get them up here, but here it is: I'm selling my Madd BX with carbon wing. I'm asking $250+shipping from Portland 97205. (Antique Cateks not included at that price.)

These boards all got custom names printed on the topsheet - this one is "The Annunciator". I bought it from Shaggy -- given that he had a whole stable of Madds to choose from, I'm not sure how much he rode it, but I probably have about 30-40 days on it. I believe they specced the length on these as 168 cm (but they're actually a bit longer); I measure the nose/waist/tail as 29 cm / 24 cm / 29 cm. This has the carbon butterfly and is fairly stiff (for me at 155 lbs). It has steel inserts, rather than brass, and approx. 1.5 cm of camber.

The topsheet is in pretty good shape, maybe a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 - just one rough spot at the end of the wing where I got tagged by an out of control snowboarder. The base has one long ugly scratch, about 14 inches long. It doesn't go to the core, and it's aligned with the long axis of the board (i.e., doesn't affect how the board rides flat), so I haven't repaired it. Base still has structure and I've never ground it (or tuned the edges, for that matter, shame on me). There are a few dings on the edges, but nothing that won't come out with an edge tune.

West Carven, Dan OK and Slopestar have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd dibs at this board. If they all pass, NICE organizers are next, then it's open season.

P1010105-1.jpg

P1010106.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010109.jpg

That's a steal Dan. Shame you don't have several with a list of suitors like that.

That's a steal Dan. Shame you don't have several with a list of suitors like that.

Well, Shaggy gave me a pretty good price, so I'm just passing it on. If I'd known there would be this much interest I might have looked for trades first though. :D

I missed this post or would have jumped on it, I'd love to have that board Dan, you should have brought it to NICE, it would have stayed here, a great board for those pow trees off snowghost as well as ECs on upper Kaniksu, I know from exp. But I won't cut in line.

What are you looking for in a trade?

Edited by b0ardski

I missed this post or would have jumped on it, I'd love to have that board Dan, you should have brought it to NICE, it would have stayed here, a great board for those pow trees off snowghost as well as ECs on upper Kaniksu, I know from exp. But I won't cut in line.

What are you looking for in a trade?

Hey Boardski, I should have run it by you when I was there -- I think I remember you were stoked on the one you used to have. On trades, I'm looking for a metal freecarver with VSR with the right flex for my weight - 155 lbs. I'm selling the Madd to make an offer on Shawndoggy's Monster -- he wasn't interested in a straight swap.

I seem to be having problems sending emails. The system keeps asking me to re-log in...

Dan, did you get any emails?

Dan

Hmmm? I guess that makes me next. Dan Ok, I know you don't really want this board...:rolleyes: I could show it off to all my friends next weekend at SNES/June Carver Classic!

Hi guys,

sorry to have been out of touch. Dan, I did get your e-mails, but I'm afraid to say that I may have an opportunity to sell the board closer to home and get visitation rights. Working that out now; I'll be in touch one way or the other, and apologies for the curve ball.

Hi guys,

sorry to have been out of touch. Dan, I did get your e-mails, but I'm afraid to say that I may have an opportunity to sell the board closer to home and get visitation rights. Working that out now; I'll be in touch one way or the other, and apologies for the curve ball.

That would be wrong/ My 2 centavos....

That would be wrong/ My 2 centavos....

Yeah, I had a big internal struggle about the etiquette issues involved...as you can see, we came down on different sides of the question. Anyway, my semi-local buyer is out, so I'm moving forward with Dan OK. Dan, check your mail.