Note to New Members ×

Feb 25/26 at Nakiska

Allee

Nakiska was AMAZING today. I ran top to bottom laps with my skier friend off Silver (we didn't go up Gold because it was socked in, and she was nursing a bung knee). Super grippy, super fast, snow in surprisingly good condition, and more coming down all day. By the time they groom that in tomorrow will be epic out there.

Bring the biggest board you've got! Sunday was thigh deep, Monday waist deep. Lots of people could barely straightline down.

Right then. I shall tell the tour guide to stay out of the trees, in case they don't find us until the bike park opens...

Nothing dedicated for powder! My NSR did better than I expected at SES (very minimal tracks), but the 167 VSR was a blast once it got chopped up into soft mini-moguls.

BTW: I now 'get it' for moguls. I made a wrong turn and got stuck in a pretty long black mogul run at SES - no fun at all. But then I took the skier line (zipper?) and could see it being fun and a real challenge to master. I'm sure it looked ugly but I made it through easier than ever before. Neat, but I'll take groom if it's an option.

I was at Nakiska today conditions are awesome! The groom is hard and rippable, perfect conditions for carving.

Got my first turns on that polished 187cm WCRM that i bought off Colin earlier this season. Wow :1luvu:! That board is 14cm longer, 2cm narrower and with an SCR a meter and a half larger than anything I've ridden before, and it railed like a freakin' dream! My mind is blown. So damp, so quiet, I'm sure I was moving way faster than I have previously and oh god the edge hold.

Mmmm more long boards please!

Dave

Checking out the soft groomed runs on the Gold Chair web cams today has caused me a sudden unexplained sickness. Cough, cough.....don't think I can make it to work tomorrow. Wish me a speedy recovery.

That would be the same sickness I came down with on Tuesday.:o Which was, FYI, the best powder day of the season and probably one of my top three days ever. Knee deep, all day, until I couldn't stand up any more.

You might find those groomers are still pretty soft ... there was a TON of snow out there Tuesday. Keep an eye out for Darcy - he was planning on giving them a couple of days to groom in and going out tomorrow.

It was really cruddy first thing in the morning. Felt like it had rained and I was punching through the first inch or so and digging right in. Both Steph and I found our knees really hurting so we packed it in with a snow-check. Hopefully the conditions softened and are better today!