Note to New Members ×

Breckenridge Grand Prix Picture are up

fin

OK, just got back from the Grand Prix in Breckenridge today. Excellent racing action with world cup talent. I just put up a photo gallery with some pics from the day HERE.

Super cold and windy day but the snow was really grippy (reports from racers).

Sean Martin was there today as well and was giddy as a school girl when Michelle Gorgone took first (and $10,000!) on her Donek race board. Nice.

Bruce, you gotta love Jasey killing it on your Coiler!

Results

Mens PGS:

1st Place - Urs Eiselin - Switz

2nd place - Nicolas Huet - France

3rd place - Jasey Jay Anderson - Canada

4th place - Peter Thorndike - USA

5th place - Kris Klug - USA

Womens PGS:

1st Place - Michelle Goregone - USA

2nd place - Lisa Kosglow - USA

3rd place - Claudia Reigler - Austria

4th place - Stacia Hookum - USA

5th place - Ursula Fingerlos - Austria

Side note: OK, saw Kent today at the race and the "secret" technology being used is some racers are actually showing up on "all mountain" boards like the Prior 4x4! Did not happen to see these racers but sounds interesting. Opinions on this anyone? :eek:

post-1-141842199719_thumb.jpg

Those race set-ups look pretty insane! Thorndike looks like he's running sub-40 degree angles, and their rear legs have so much inward cant that their rear knees are right up against their front knees!

Awesome pictures! Hopefully I'll make it to a race this year.

(OT - helmets aren't common on the racecourse? I remember Jasey used to wear one, although maybe Nokia wanted it?)

Are the "all mountain racers" simply showing up to damp out rutted and bumpy conditions?

Yes, talked to the camera guys. They will have this televised on NBC and OLN (Outdoor Life Network). The OLN one will be the big one as they tend to show way more coverage.

If anyone figures out when thsi is going to air please respond here and let us know.

Originally posted by fin

Yes, talked to the camera guys. They will have this televised on NBC and OLN (Outdoor Life Network). The OLN one will be the big one as they tend to show way more coverage.

If anyone figures out when thsi is going to air please respond here and let us know.

Fin, it looks like it is Jan 13th at 10 pm

http://ww2.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=288

Not sure if it was from Breck, but I spotted this photo on the Sports Illustrated website.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/scorecard/

When I looked at the detail I saw the Donek logo on the base of the board.

Caption with photo was: American Michelle Gorgone rides the edge of her snowboard during a Parallel Giant Slalom competition. Photo by: Donald Miralle/Getty Images

post-578-141842200124_thumb.jpg

Is the gal that got third place from Austria riding a K2? I saw from the podium photo its kind of hidden by a sticker. Then in another shot when she is riding, I could see the logo on the tip.

Maybe I'm strange for noticing such small details. but its interesting. K2 Inc. is becoming a monster!

I read on this forum that several racers like Burton bindings because they flex more, thus absorbing the irregularities of the terrain, which is crucial in racing. I for one ride Burton bindings because it's what I bought in 1997 (it's what they had in the store on sale), they still work well and I don't have the budget to change them if they are not broken.