Note to New Members ×

Can you recommend good carving runs at Killington or Okemo

Duffman

Heading up to VT in about 10 days and wondering if anyone can recommend runs that are good for carving at Killington and Okemo so I don't waste time searching for good runs. Would rather B-line it to the good stuff. And of course we all know the criteria for a good run. Frequently groomed, good pitch, and preferably wide slope. Of course I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for good conditions.

I appreciate any advice you can provide. And if any of you will be riding those mountains the weekend of Feb 25th, I'd love to get some turns in with a fellow hardbooter. Will prob do Killington Sat, Okemo Sun, then Monday will be a gameday decision between the two. Most likely Killington.

Thanks all!

Killington is tough. There is a high yahoo factor there. But after six years there every weekend, here's my strategy.

First lift on Superstar, over the back and try Skyeburst. This puts you @ Bear Mt where the morning light is better. Bear has Wildfire, bearclaw and OL.

All can be good for carving depending if they roll out the bumps. It changes daily. Get out of Bear by 9:30, it turns into a clusterfk after that.

Needles Eye is good as is Superstar, again depending on the groom. Highline is good if is is not shut down due to race training, same with Needlles.

After ten, I look for whatever trails the masses avoid. Ice is good that way. Keep your head on a swivel. The lack of snow has limited the # of trails and concentrated people on limited terrain. You also are in the overlap between MA,VT and NH school vacation weeks. See you saturday.