Note to New Members ×

Burton ultra prime 162

healside

Can anyone tell me what production year burton ultra prime 162 had a red/pinkish topsheet? Im trying to find out what the specs are. The one that I have doesnt have alot of life left but I like the way it rides and more importantly, I find it perfect for the slopes at my home resort. I inquired about the alp 164 loopback has for sale in the classifieds but i I don't know how fond I am of the 3d inserts. Im thinking about a custom board with the same specs as my UP. Any info will help.

Thanks

Come to the eces. Bring your up. Demo all the free carve style boards. I am certain you will find an existing shape from Donek or Coiler that rides better than your up.

If you don't find something you like, Sean from Donek and Bruce from Coiler will both be there and you can talk to them about what customization you might need.

I also had that same board. I gotta tell you, it road great. I sold mine to someone on here about 3-4 years ago. It was awesome, but soft in the nose. So I now picked up a newer Virus, and I gotta tell you, it rides as good as the UP did, and the nose does not fold. Plus the tail is so sticky, it simply does not wash out.

Point being, I would see what you can buy in the new carbon, rubber, and titanal metal constructions. the new boards by coiler, donek and virus are just phenominal. For me, its more comfortable riding and less and less fear on my side every day.

• Thanks 1

Lamberto, I find the same to be true, the soft nose that is; so I used what I learned from the carvers almanac and moved my stance forward of the 15 setback. Not only did that take the burn out of my legs, it made it easier to start the turn just like I read, hence I didnt really need alot of weight forward. But, I agree with everyone that I need to try out some new technology. ECES is a good idea and ill have to seariously consider that. Try out some new boards and visit a larger resort with my alpine gear and open er up. Id really like to try that 173 volant excel but mountian creek is way too small for that. Be good dudes, thanks for the input and maybe ill catch up with yous in VT.

• 9 years later...

I have the same UP 162 as heal side and I’m just getting back into it after 20 years! My board has Apoxsee all over the tip and tail and it’s starting to delaminate again so I think it’s time for a new or used board! Where does someone from the Northeast demo alpine boards or purchase one without breaking the bank?  Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, SeanO14 said:

I have the same UP 162 as heal side and I’m just getting back into it after 20 years! My board has Apoxsee all over the tip and tail and it’s starting to delaminate again so I think it’s time for a new or used board! Where does someone from the Northeast demo alpine boards or purchase one without breaking the bank?  Thanks!!

I might have a UP collecting dust that I would let go for super cheap. I'm located in CT. Send me a PM if you are interested.