Note to New Members ×

crazy story about a stolen board

Ernie00

Last night I was at my local hill and saw someone with a board that was stolen from me 9 years ago and the board was about 18 years old from the early 90's.

How did I know the board was mine? the board was unique, only one of those color made it here to the canadian distributor, I was sposored then by Division 23 (when they were a decent company) and got a pre production board with a unique color top sheet. Also my name was hand written with a sharpie in the ptex you wouldn't see after all these years it but you saw some dark sharpie marks there. It was my last board while I was sponsor by them so I wanted to keep it and retire it with my collection. My sister was using it at the time and she called home crying that she got the board stolen. The funny thing is that I had bought her a board for xmas in a few days that year because I wanted it back.

So I'm changing getting ready to go ride and I see a guy outisde holding it in his hand. My jaw just dropped. I ran outside and talked to the guy. No way it was him who stole it he must have been 20 years old, so it was unlikely he stole it at 11 years old ! I explained him that it was a board that I was stolen from me a while ago. He tells me it's his mom's board. No point in calling the police over a 20 years old board. So I offered to trade the board for a newer sims that I have at home of similar lenght. He called his mom and it was ok with them they understood that it had a special value for me. Apparently she had bought the board from someone else and so on. It was still in decent shape.

This weekend we will meet and I will have my marc morisette back !

How about that, 10 years after! What are the odds. That gave me a huge smile just to see the board. Then I went to ride my coiler VSR , the conditions were very nice! What a great day.