Note to New Members ×

Whistler Session

Gtanner

Folks, I wanted to open the floor on discussing the potential for a WES this year. Pan and I were talking about it last week and think that Whistler would definitely give us a deal on passes, plus I'm pretty sure Chris and the Prior guys would like to be involved.

So sometime the third week of Feb... Feb 20th is a day off I think...

Thoughts, opinions, offers to get the ball rolling, funny anecdotes?

-Gord

Just got back from Whistler. Lots of powder run in Harmony, Symphony and Peak! Knees deep powder in tree runs! Line up at Harmony and Symphony was around 20-25min.

Will go up to Whistler again for snow school training sessions. Hard boots in the morning and soft in the afternoon. :biggthump

• 4 weeks later...
Let me know if you are still meeting up for the 20th ? I have the 18-21st off and might drive up ? Never been to Whistler yet but catski near kelowna every year. Need to go once ...

Jim

Count me in if it's going to be on the 18th or 19th.

seems like the 20th is the day with potentially the biggest turnout. BLUEB and CARVINGSCOOBY can probably only make it that day. PO6781 can make that day. GTANNER and i can also make that day. so that's a minimum of 5 confirmed/confirmables before contacting more potentials such as CHRIS PRIOR, C5GOLFER, PAN and the balance of the vancouver crew.

can CHARLIECHOCOLATE please confirm (on this thread) if you can definitely make it on the 18th? GTANNER is riding on the 17th and probably the 18th. i am sure that he will be extra motivated to ride 2 days in a row (17th and 18th) if you can confirm on the 18th. i will also be there on the 18th so that's at least 3 people that day. CHRIS PRIOR usually only rides on weekday mornings but i'll ask him anyway to see if he can make an exception for saturday the 18th. my email is disabled but you can email either BLUEB or CARVINGSCOOBY or GTANNER and they can give you my email and cellphone number. hope to see you on the 18th.

in addition to the 18th and 20th i will also be riding on the 22nd and 24th and 26th (my bum shoulder and advancing age won't let me ride on consecutive days anymore) so if any of you are still around on those days then let me know to meet up with you. will take the liberty of announcing on bomberonline that GTANNER will be entering the BX race on hardboots on the 25th and 26th--now that the cat is out of the bag he can't chicken out. in between breaks from riding i will try to take some photos of GTANNER in the BX race on the 26th so if i can get some decent shots i will post them on this thread.

Edited by tenorman
forgot about my disabled bol email

Folks, just got off the WB website...there is an amateur BX event on the Sat/Sunday 17+ ski and snowboard divisions.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/todo/events/mountain/snowcross.htm?aheading=0

Thinking of stepping in and depending on the course, rocking the HBs...anyone wanna join?

-Gord

Would love to join you in this for old times sack but I don't think I can make it up both days that weekend :( might come out for one day though.

Lets ride tomorrow, who is here riding what mountain?

hi CHARLIE

i am meeting GORD on whistler near the ROUNDHOUSE (not rendezvous) restaurant around 10am tomorrow. i think PATRICK is doing the same. my email isn't enabled but GTANNER and BLUEB's are so you can email them for my cellphone number if you need it--otherwise i will be warming up on the emerald chair prior to meeting up with GORD. you can grab me as i get off at the top of the emerald chair anytime between 9 and 10am. you will have no trouble identifying me--just look for heavily duct tape gloves! even the dirtiest of the dirty dirtbag lifties up there prostrate themselves in awe when they see my gloves.

GORD and PATRICK have decided to ride their softboots. i'll wait until tomorrow morning to decide. if we get more than a foot of snow then i will be on a blue supermodel with softboots. if less a foot then on either a green 4wd or red alp with hardboots.

hope you can join us tomorrow.

time to go wax my boards and get a good night's sleep.

later

doug

Edited by tenorman
roundhouse not rendezvous