Note to New Members ×

Winter carving by a summer wiggler.

Mig

Louis is a pro slalom skater and longboarder. A couple of years ago, he decided to get into HB carving, got and old Hot Logical, a pair of Deeluxe boots and thought himself how to do it. His brother and him filmed the following vid last winter. He is always looking to improve is technique in everything he does, so if you have some pointers for him, post them and I'll make sure he reads them.

Here is what he does during summer.

http://vimeo.com/26607667

Louis is a pro slalom skater and longboarder. A couple of years ago, he decided to get into HB carving, got and old Hot Logical, a pair of Deeluxe boots and thought himself how to do it. His brother and him filmed the following vid last winter. He is always looking to improve is technique in everything he does, so if you have some pointers for him, post them and I'll make sure he reads them.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EE3Zo27Y8Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow! Got some speed there...few close call, pfuuh!:eek:

Might want to slow down...and enjoy the turn more. I guess night riding u have plenty of space...I was sweating at the end of the vid:rolleyes:...anyway good work and thanks for sharing.

Btw what cam u guys use?

Cheers

RT

Well he's flying and even tried a little fakie!! awesome.

But it looks like he is on the tail of the board a bit. He is making most of his turning in the latter half of the turn, by getting the tail to bend. Watch the video and watch the shape of the board in the turns.

Tell him to slow down a bit, stand taller and try for a smoother transition. Try to make full 180 turns with the transition across the hill, in a relaxed fashion.

Have him play around with binding placement a bit. I'd try moving forward a little and maybe a little more rear foot cant. you can still drive the tail if you want to.

have to get me a GoPro!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Thanks Mig for posting.

It's very cool to read all those comments. It's appreciated.

CarvingScooby, the cam is a GoPro, first version.

Ursle, yes I'm having fun. I finish each run with a smile and a need to take a break for a couple of minutes. That's my trick to take out my day of work.

I love going fast on that board, all maneuvers becomes more intense.

I think to enjoy more the turns at low speed, will need a steeper hill like some of you said.

But it looks like he is on the tail of the board a bit. He is making most of his turning in the latter half of the turn, by getting the tail to bend.
That's exatly how I feel it and I thought it was good. I have some problems to finish my 180 turns and go up hill a little bit to loose speed. My solution was to flex the board like you said OffpisteHardboots.
Have him play around with binding placement a bit. I'd try moving forward a little and maybe a little more rear foot cant. you can still drive the tail if you want to.
I will try to move forward.

My fix are old and I can't play a lot with them... No canting options. They are in plastic.

I recently got a old Burton 162cm (forgot the name) with metal fix, very stiff board with a short side cut. I have a lot of difficulty to be aggressive on it. I also have the same problem, to not be able to finish my turn.

Tell him to slow down a bit, stand taller and try for a smoother transition. Try to make full 180 turns with the transition across the hill, in a relaxed fashion.
I will try, thanks.

For the arms, I can't change that. haha

Sorry guys if my English is not always understandable.