Note to New Members ×

f2 bindings

Ear dragger

I hope not. I just bought a pair:eek:

It does look like a big aggressive rider could give the toepiece a run for its money tho'.

I wanted something with a bit of flex in them, and at 175lb. I don't think I will be blowing them up. Until those intec sidewinders arrive, F2 will have to fill the bill.

i'm 6'6", ~225#. my front binding angle is usually 65° or over. as i've said in another thread, i have a tendency to 'pull' my right leg into heelsides (goofy), which seems to crack the toepiece where the leftmost screw fixes it to the binding.

poor technique or sketchy engineering? you decide. these are intec bindings, btw.

I have used F2 RTi for15+years. I consider myself an aggressive rider at 215# and i have found no problems with them. I broke a heal bale and two inserts that holds the(toe and heal) block. All three happened after a larger event that was operator error. I recall A lift pole was one event and a hard fall. The two inserts were on the same binding that got acquainted with pole #7 on Olympic at Heavenly. I replaced the one that broke instead of doing all eight(toe and heal 4 each). A number of years later the heal insert went.I cant remember if the heal bale was on the same bindings. I will keep using them good product at a decent price

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads up on the RS. I just picked them up from YYZCanuck (5 minutes way from my work). Just need some snow now.

Thought they had a set. Dave and Andrea are great people and super nice to deal with. I've bought a TD3s (X2), Fintecs (x2), boots, 2nd board kits, and an Intec RS off them. Maybe that's why they like me? :rolleyes:

Anyways I just ordered a set of blue elastomers from them this morning for that blingy (polished) 187 WCRM :1luvu: I bought from Roox last night.

Have a great season.

Dave

I managed to break my boot and ankle whilst using 1st Gen F2/ Intec bindings. No damage what so ever to the bindings, but the boot was a wreck and my ankle hurt quite a bit. I'm not sure that it's a comfort knowing that my bones are the weakest link, but there it is.

so, I'm estimating lifespan of bails is around 100 days. strangely enough - more than twice I saw SECOND bail failure in a days after first bail replaced (once is on me...). and other weak spot is a t-nuts - when used with used with angled wedges, there's no problem with flat setup

as in bike handlebars - racers usually replace f2 race ti once per season. but they're season with much days & abuse, so it's usually live up to 3-4 years for recreational riding