Note to New Members ×

Cypress Diaries 2011-12

BlueB

I ran the Thursday night beer league race last night- won handily and kicked some ass- I won a snowboard helmet.

Beat the second place guy by 9 seconds on my Oxygen 164 Proton, the course was too tight to break out the Coiler 179PRT or the 186PR. I might run next week's races on a mid 160's BX board, either a Prior ATV or a Winterstick Cirque- you guys should come out to represent...

Had some good conversations and all mountain cruiser runs with the other snowboarders who raced that night- they definitely saw they difference in boards that were built for speed.

I got invited to run the PGS course that the Nancy Green Ski Camp sets up on the weekend- should be good for a laugh.

Edited by crucible

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you the only snowboarder on plates?

But of course!

It was really funny rolling up to the starting gates to do the practice runs before the timing units were set- one of the other guys racing on a freeride snowboard took one look at my board and set up and muttered, "Oh,oh. This dude looks like he's done this before...".

I ran the Thursday night beer league race last night- won handily and kicked some ass- I won a snowboard helmet.

Beat the second place guy by 9 seconds on my Oxygen 164 Proton, the course was too tight to break out the Coiler 179PRT or the 186PR. I might run next week's races on a mid 160's BX board, either a Prior ATV or a Winterstick Cirque- you guys should come out to represent...

Had some good conversations and all mountain cruiser runs with the other snowboarders who raced that night- they definitely saw they difference in boards that were built for speed.

I got invited to run the PGS course that the Nancy Green Ski Camp sets up on the weekend- should be good for a laugh.

Hi Geo, can you tell me how many gate they have setup? My athletes went there last month, they told me there were only dozen of gates.

Your guys are correct- there are only 12 gates or so, and they are spaced closer than what would exist on an officially sanctioned race course.

I suspect that it's designed to keep the speeds from getting too out of control with casual racers- they don't want anyone getting too fast and hurting themselves. The course length is also half of what a proper PGS course would be- 300-400 meters max.

You had to run these gates at a modest speed and make up for the lack of aggression on the course with a tighter line to get a decent time.

Edited by crucible

OMGosh, can u imagine if u ride your 2008 Proton :eek: u probably finish a beer by the time the 2nd guy pass the gate :eplus2: Congrat bud.

In Cypress?

RT

Edited by CarvingScooby

Afternoon.

There were no open spaces at the lodge parking at noon! Surprising! Parked at the entrance to the Raven Ridge chair.

Around -4°, and cloudy. Wind was around 25 km/ hr. Flattish light. Fog at first, clearing later.

A couple of inches of dry fresh over softpacked crud.

Weapon of the day: Dynastar 3800 - 163 cm.

Tuesday March 20

8:30: lodge parking

9:00 to 2:00: 12" to 18" dry POW!

First Sun, Coyote 7, mogul run, Top Gun.

Even the mogul run was completely filled in.

Weapon of the day: Dynastar 3800 - 163 cm.

Fresh tracks lasted several hours!

Edited by Cousin of Beagle
POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boris got first place!

...and then Boris got gready, jumped onto his skis in hope for double gold and earned a fractured hip. Season over...

I spent more then 24hrs in the ER of Lions Gate Hospital, entertaining myself counting the injured skiers/riders, well mostly riders and listening to their stories...

Oh man, the one race night I that I miss and there's a major drama...

Sorry I wasn't able to race this week guys, I had a recurring arthritic problem in my foot flare up again- there are parts in my feet and hands that have been broken multiple times and time is catching up with them.

I have just been able to squeeze my left foot back into my boots today, but have to wait another 2-3 days before I can buckle them up without pain.

Sorry to hear about the break Boris, heal up quickly, or at least, get some of those good horse pill painkillers from the wife...

Geo

Yeah, you missed out on going against 4 other hardbooters, one being a racer girl trained by Pan. Kaz posted very hot times too. Softbooters were slow, as you already know from your last race.

At ski division a former racer showed up, I wracked myself trying to catch his time.

Yeah, you missed out on going against 4 other hardbooters, one being a racer girl trained by Pan. Kaz posted very hot times too. Softbooters were slow, as you already know from your last race.

At ski division a former racer showed up, I wracked myself trying to catch his time.

Sorry to hear you are now broken :(

I wish I could have made it out to the hill on a Thursday night to play in the gates but unfortunatly I always work Thursdays. Next time I guess. I realy miss running gates.

Thanks for good wishes Pan!

I just checked the Cypres site. It still has the info of the last one, stating it's the last one.

Also, it's already a mix of snow and rain :( I think it will be like that for about a week...