Note to New Members ×

Spirit Mountain 2011/2012

rwmaron

post-10752-141842364666_thumb.jpgI took a few runs from between 6 and 7 PM tonight, and Jane joined in after the Board Meeting. Started out okay, but it set up into hard crud pretty quickly after the sun went down. We were a bit surprised

since it has been so warm. It's starting to deteriorate with new water hazards and grass poking through in the middle of Four Pipe.

Otherwise, we're seeing some granular snow now, and a bit of grooming overnight might make for a great day tomorrow for those lucky enough to be off.post-10752-141842364675_thumb.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rode from 9AM to about 3PM. Started out firm and fast 1st hour and gradually warmed up. Snow is holding up quite well on all the runs, despite the one area picture above which is way over on the edge of the top of 4pipe.

Rode the Kessler twins (GS and then SL) while still firm, then switched to the 167ATV about 11AM when it started getting slushy. Did several runs on Gandy then found Russ, on a "lunch break" from work. We took several runs from Cinder Snapper to Blue Ruin and worked our way over to Scissor Bill. After lunch took my old Rossi Alpine FC(freecarve)160 out for a spin. It has the same scr as the ATV but is shorter and narrower and turned out to be way more fun than the ATV! Glad no one bought it when I was trying to sell it.

Here's video proof on Juggler Joe, 3/16/12 Friday 2PM

post-8510-141842364733_thumb.jpg

Low of 41F last night, already 51F at 9am.....spent an hour surf-carving with Jolson. Rapidly softening and slowing, so I headed out but Jim was still getting after it. More about being outside at one of your favorite places with one of the brethren than snowboard carving today!

Time to start cycling - I'm pretty sure that Spirit will close after this weekend.

post-10752-141842364962_thumb.jpgWe had an excellent season thanks to the hard work of the snow making operations at Spirit.

We're starting to get our gear ready for USASA at Copper at the end of the month.

We'll have one more carver on the hill next year.

Stay healthy and train hard. We'll post updates from Nationals.

Good luck at the nationals.

Is that a standard width metal AX? It looks wide. Can I ask what the specs are? I'm getting a stock 172 metal AX for next year.

Russ: I'm pretty sure a carver on the board (accidental pun) means that we will start seeing exclusive runs for carvers and mid-day grooming.

Of course we will have dedicated runs for carvers, and our own private groomer, and for sure a 1/2 pipe--sorry, I'll never give up the 1/2 pipe! I'm delighted to be part of this elite group--now I just have to learn how to do it!! Gramma Jane

PS a new picture--that other one made me look fat--Ken tells me nobody was looking at me, only my new board!post-11648-141842365446_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good day at USASA. Jane had good clean runs on slopestyle.

Started out rather crusty, but softened up this afternoon for

some nice runs off American Flyer.

Celebrity photo of the day.

Mimi Wiencke takes Gold in Women's Open Division for GS.

(Dave - I'll send you more shots)

post-10752-141842366273_thumb.jpg