Note to New Members ×

"on Edge"

MJB

Following some of Canada's top alpine snowboarders this season as they travel the globe in search of new destinations, adventure, and gold! Featuring coaches and athletes from the Canadian National Alpine Snowboard Team & the Calgary Snowboard Club.

ON EDGE episode

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gzPEFU92gOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Following some of Canada's top alpine snowboarders this season as they travel the globe in search of new destinations, adventure, and gold! Featuring coaches and athletes from the Canadian National Alpine Snowboard Team & the Calgary Snowboard Club.

LINK: http://youtu.be/hYTwmf3UaRE

Sweet. I'm looking forward to these again this year.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hYTwmf3UaRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RT

Keep up the good work, I to am looking forward to watching your new vids. Post again on the Brit forums, most of them are perplexed by hardboots but if you convince one peron to try it out it will have been worth it. Have a good season and hope to see one of you on the podium.

I am not sure our videos should be too tech, cause we want to appeal to a broad audience (carvers, softbooters, parents, racers, general enthusiasts...).

But I am happy to chat here. Most of our men ride custom spec boards. We seek to innovate and take R&D risks. Many of our boards ride and respond like none other in the world. Each board is also customized to the power, ability and style of the rider. Same as our plates, we have 4 constructions of Apex plates we run. Our boots are all over the place, including dalbello, fulltilt, lange, atomic, upz and deeluxe. Our bindings are all F2 bails, but we are open, and think there is room to grow there. (tried bombers this past week...). No big toe lifts, no cants, some front foot small heel lifts. We are also testing Jaseys boards, we want to support him. Angles are 55/50 normally, stance width is individual, but 19 1/4 to 20 1/2 is the general range. The men are from 140 - 260 lbs. median being 160.

Hope this is good info about our set-ups. Please feel free to ask more pointed questions here.

Thanks. Most Alpine riders I know are techy geeks and would love to see set ups.

Out of interest (as I use Full Tilts) why are some of your riders using Full Tilts and Dalbellos. Is it for extra stiffness and do they have a lot of modificatons on the boots.

Thanks for taking time out and informing us.

full tilt and dalbello

Sometimes we cut out the boot a bit to soften it laterally. Focus on customization is primarily about getting a precise snug pain free fit.

f/t or dalbello is just a personal preference. Volume seems lower on f/t around ankle. F/T buckles seem to jam up with snow. Really like the predictable progressive flex of the boots.

We want to use Snowboard boot companies. But the boots have had little to no innovation in 15 years. We need a next generation of boot from them.

Hi Ladia,

Its an attempt to stay progressive, and part of the truth is;

1. dual format is too confusing to the general public. want to simplify it

2. our current dual format takes to long, we need to condense our event into 1 hour for tv and media.

3. Slalom is a format that can take place on smaller hills, therefore involve more people in racing.

Hi Ladia,

Its an attempt to stay progressive, and part of the truth is;

1. dual format is too confusing to the general public. want to simplify it

2. our current dual format takes to long, we need to condense our event into 1 hour for tv and media.

3. Slalom is a format that can take place on smaller hills, therefore involve more people in racing.

I have to say that if dual format is confusing, then 3 courses has got to be a nightmare for the public. I agree with Ladia, its hard enough to set courses in a dual. Good luck with that. :smashfrea