Note to New Members ×

Results from Landgraff World Cup Race

Michelle

Looks good for an interesting season.

I also am mightly pi%$ed off as I could of watched it live on Eurosport. Hopefully Eurosport will show the rest of the season's races.

Were you there Hans? If so did you see any new and interesting plate systems?

Got the JJ in my hands. Interesting. As seen the rest of the boards. Eurosport 2 will cover all the WC's of this season.

About the plates -

Almost half the finalists were still on Vist plates (men and women). Men´s winner and runner up were on Vist plates. That got me wondering ...

The women´s winner didn´t even have a plate!?! (But she was also the only one without a plate ...)

Nothing new - Karl still on his metal frame monster, Prommegger (he got third) on an Apex.

Unfortunately JJ didn´t make the finals ...

Almost half the finalists were still on Vist plates (men and women). Men´s winner and runner up were on Vist plates. That got me wondering ...

After seeing the mens podium I was thinking the exact same thing.

I also wonder when Northwave .950's finally become extinct. Surely the ones still racing must be nearing their shelf life.

Hans, sad that we havn't seen us.

I was in landgraaf for the finals, have called you before but only a mailbox.

Roland was very great

Shi.....tty, my phone was out of order today. I have to replace it.

Yes, Roland his style is inimitable.

About the plates -

How come. There isn't that much news ..yet. Only JJ and I thought I saw another plate design with the women but couldn't tell what it was. May be just a normal Apex plate with some strange stickers on it.

How come. There isn't that much news ..yet. Only JJ and I thought I saw another plate design with the women but couldn't tell what it was. May be just a normal Apex plate with some strange stickers on it.

I would have thought that a racer would want the newest technology especially if it makes you faster. Maybe the Vist is just as good as a floating plate, just heavy.

What pique's my curiosity is Apex (the board manufacturer) is making three systems. The flex plate and the flex plate wing, which from what I can gather is like a Vist/Hangl system Then they are producing bob which is like BBP or Apex plate. Did any one notice which system the Apex riders were using?

I guess there will be a lot more plates on show when the tour gets outside onto a Pgs course.

Agree, the Italian men seemed to do really well with the start of the race season.

I like the bindings Sigi uses ;) (warning: shamless plug)

Of course you do Fin;) Glad to see Sigi is still using your SW's. Do you have more on WC circuit this season with your Side Winders?

Hans, any riders on Black Pearl or is it the usual suspects, KS, SG, Oxess, Apex, etc?

Of course you do Fin;) Glad to see Sigi is still using your SW's. Do you have more on WC circuit this season with your Side Winders?

Hans, any riders on Black Pearl or is it the usual suspects, KS, SG, Oxess, Apex, etc?

Check this out http://fis.smugmug.com/Sports/Parallel-Slalom-Landgraaf/19360640_pfWFsh#1527682442_B5zR4Ln and see for yourself GeoffV. Black Pearl riders are there, Simon Schoch and quite a few others.

Have seen some BP boards by the mens as the ladies. But mostly Kesslers (even a nice red colored one).

I think most top riders were mainly quite equally between Kesslers and SG's, all rest were just quite execeptional.

Related plates, i think ther we saw all possible options, but surface and slalom made many select Vist which might have be good for that combination