• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howdy all

i got a late start today and i knew it would be good, stayed out a little

too late last night. foggy in the morning then the sun comes out in the

afternoon. perfect groom down low and a little soft up high. one of the

better days, not cold, not humid and just right temp. if it doesn't snow

tomorrow it will be epic cords, don't be late. day two was perfect...

rode my 165amt from 10:30 till 4...

howdy all,

I will be trenchin the fish on wed and thur. Driving over on tue. Everyone but me is part of the ticket exchange program and every dollar counts. I am wondering if anybody know of any deals. I could exchange the favor over at schweitzer. We are having our carving event feb. 20-26. Just finalized early loads starts at 8am instead of 9am for tues-thur. We also rented a condo for the week approximately $50 a night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Made it back to the big C safe and sound. Now to take the softies off the Fish, and get the Rome ready to go huck some stuff at COP tonight.

Thanks all for a great weekend!! It was awesome to see everyone again, and play in some great snow. Might see y'all for closing.

howdy all

day three, foggy from chair 2 up to the top, but slowly lifts and by noon

the sun comes out and it was a beautiful day. must have snowed some

early in the morning cause there was a few inches over soft groom.

things got bumped up pretty fast even with the light crowds. not the

best carving day, but if it doesn't snow tonight it will be really good

tomorrow. rode my new to me coiler 171 stubby (tight) for the first time.

i think it will ride better on firmer groom. was a fun day riding with the

crew.

rode my 171stubby from 9 till 3...

Steve was right, the snow today was spectacular. First run of the day was a charge down Ptarmigan Bowl and Heep Steep. Twenty two runs later, last run of the day was a charge down Ptarmigan Bowl and Heep Steep. Excellent carving snow all over and lasting all day long. Inspiration, Toni Matt, Larch, Big Ravine, Ed's, Slalom, Hellroaring, all fun. About the only thing left ungroomed was Corkscrew.

Now if only we could recall all that praying for snow and stop it from snowing tonight, it would be even better tomorrow. But NOAA says, Ah, No to that. They are forecasting warmer and wetter.

howdy all

even angry rick was hoot'n and holler'n this morning, it was epic cords,

it doesn't get any better than today. super high overcast kept temps

cool all day and visibility good. snow was firm with just the right amount

of wetness, it wasn't chalky. it was good all day and we all kept going

to the very end. it was the best day of the season so far. one of the

lifties said "is there a race today" as six of us loaded first thing on chair 6.

forcast is snow tonight and tomorrow so the question is what board to

ride.

rode my 165amt from 9 till 4...

Would I lie? Best carving day of the season (so far), followed by best powder day (so far). Even a few bits of sunshine. When it's good here, it's really good. Opened the day with the same run as yesterday, 'cept on a powder board, and since then the two days have few similarities, other than the smiles. If you want pictures, come take some, we're busy. Just stopped to take a work call, now back to the pow pow....

Well didn't see to many wtfer's out there today. I did ride with johnasmo, who showed us some pow stashes. Really enjoyed picture chutes and ptarmigan bowl. Ran into west carven @ the summit house. Also did a few runs with kinpa and ran into cuban @ the top of chair 2. Will see you all tomorrow. We will have to wait and see if it's a pow or groomer day.

Thanks for the tour and allowing me to skid some of the snow off your wonderful runs.If anyone has any doubt that WTF is epic, your loss. Not exactly easy to reach from Canada when the airline cancels your connecting flight . Worth the effort 100% the friendliest people you will ever meet and ski in ski out from everywhere on the hill. If you ever have the chance to visit WTF does not disappoint.

howdy all

yesterday epic cords, today epic pow. a good 8inches of really good thick

creamy powder. i got 3rd chair on chair 2 and 3rd chair on chair 1. first

few runs were sweet butter untracked. i'm glad i got this week off cause

we could have another pow day or more fresh groomers. sorry for the all

the powder on this carve week. clouds just over the big and very windy,

there were some very strong gust. found some fun runs and kept riding

till 3pm. day 5 epic pow... forcast is more pow.

rode my amp5 from 9 till 3...

hmmmm.... no snow on my car when I left Whitefish at 2:30 this morning..... hope I don't regret my decision to get back to work and reality today! Thank you all for such a wonderful 5 days on snow.... each day was a bit different and well worth the trip! Always enjoy my time at Whitefish and riding and meeting new people at WTF! Almost time to get to work.... blah

I'll try to post some of my pics when I get home tonight, but I can't really take action shots with my little cam, but I'll put up what I got!

Kinda good to see you back for another year. I hope your trip was as smooth as yesterday's pow.

Cuban, you better not say how good carving is today!!!!! just saying..... but work does suck..... and I'll forgive that auto-correct feature on your SMART phone!!!! sometimes it's good to have a dumb phone, right???? :lol: