Note to New Members ×

Level protective gloves

AgassizSkidder

This is just more or or less one layer mixed with nailremover. I just bought a cheap nylon paintbrush to apply. I just covered the gloves till I didn't see the fabric of the gloves anymore. That will do. When it is torned away by use , you just apply some SIKA again. These have been holding for about 11 days without applying again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CarvingScoobie

I just bought some Level Gloves and not sure I like the "BIG BULGE" of the wrist guard under the fleshy base of my thumb. Seems like my wrist rolls towards my baby finger when my wrist is pushed down on a hard surface. (not sure how to explain it) I think I prefer the feeling of my MANZELLA / THE BEAST gloves when I push my wrist down on a hard surface. But I am told the LEVEL Gloves are great for wrist protection, which is why I bought them. Just feels like that bulge will hurt if I hit my wrist really hard on an icy surface.

I tried to see that link you posted:

http://www.thundercloudmarketing.com/FreePage22.htm

but it is dead ...

can you please let me know which gloves you were referring to and post a current link to them.

Thanks.

but it is dead ...

can you please let me know which gloves you were referring to and post a current link to them.

Thanks.

My Raiders are holding up pretty good after well over 200 days but I keep my hands out of the snow.

at 40 bucks maybe I should have bought another pair last season:smashfrea

• 4 weeks later...

but it is dead ...

Thanks.

Found THOR WINTER SPORT GLOVES up and running.

Good luck guys, don't forget to apply;

Try Sika Tack Drive or Sikaflex 256, it will convert any gloves to pro EC gloves.
to saved the stiches!

Good luck,

RT

sad to see still no mittens :(

@ $50 maybe it's worth just trying to see if they're warm enough for me, but it's doubtful.

i hate to say it, but i might just start buying my mittens at REI at the beginning of the season and returning them at the end, rinse and repeat each year

Finally tossed my first pair after 5 seasons. I applied Shoe-Goo to the stiched areas to extend the life. Pair #2 going on second season and ordered another pair today for back-up. Look for thin glove liners to wear with these when the temps are colder. Costco had Head liners last season for around $10.

Shoe-Goo works best and looks better if applied before abrasion and wear begins. I just found the mfg offers a version for boots and gloves. I placed a call and should get an answer on how to get; will post up once I get this info.

http://eclecticproducts.com/sg_bootsgloves.htm

Shoe GOO Boots & Gloves Adhesive —

for a protective coating that

extends the life of footwear and gloves.

Make your footwear and gloves last longer by placing a coating of Boots & Gloves to their outside surface before they begin to wearout.

Boots & Gloves can be used to protect shoe toes, glove fingers and more.

Advantages

Waterproofing: Boots & Gloves is water resistant immediately upon application. Apply Boots & Gloves directly to the surface to be sealed. Use thin coats of Boots & Gloves to build a thick coating on the surface to be sealed, allowing each layer to set 3 to 4 hours. Boots & Gloves hardens by solvent evaporation, so allow time for thorough hardening to ensure proper bonding and wear resistance.

Repairing worn soles: If a worn boot has a hole that goes all the way through the sole, tape over the hole inside the boot before applying Boots & Gloves to the outer sole. This will help avoid creating a bump. The tape should be removed from the inside and all bumps smoothed out within 2 hours, before the glue is completely hard.

Fishing and foul weather gear: Some fisherman's waders and foul weather gear have a water-repellent coating that must be removed before Boots & Gloves will adhere. Scrub the area with detergent and allow to dry. Roughen surface before applying Boots & Gloves. If the bond still pulls apart, the repair must be done on the inside surface of the item, which is usually reinforced with fabric.

Use Boots & Gloves to:

Coat and protect any area of your boots or gloves to avoid premature wear.

Seals seams, tears, cuts and more on leather, rubber and fabric.

Repair damaged soles or heels

the "original" product worked well in the past for me and is readily available at most shoe repair stores / departments. Checked my tool box and found I still have nearly a full tube left as it takes so little product for a set of gloves. I will stick with what I have. Checking on-line I found the cost to be around $15 for one tube with shipping for the Boot & Glove product. I believe I paid around $4 for the original product from a local merchant a few years ago. I opened what I had on hand and it is still fluid and good to go.

Level makes great gloves, they will fall apart just like any other glove of course, but slower than many and the wrist protection is/seems effective without being uncomfortable/restrictive.

They fall apart very quickly. I had a pair and burned through them in two days. You can take the protective part and put it in a pair of these.

http://www.kincoworkgloves.com/lined-leather-palms/the-original-lined-grain-pigskin-gloves/

They will last a lot longer than those $60-80 range gloves for sure.

Level gloves fall apart in two days? Come on, that can't be true. :nono:

I had a new pair of Level Pro Pipe that couldn't resist swiss glacier ice/snow, within 30 minutes they were gone. That was before I had covered them with SIKA. Every glove will fall apart when hands down in the snow/ice.

Level gloves fall apart in two days? Come on, that can't be true. :nono:

I had a new pair of Level Pro Pipe that couldn't resist swiss glacier ice/snow, within 30 minutes they were gone. That was before I had covered them with SIKA. Every glove will fall apart when hands down in the snow/ice.

Kinco's wont fall apart trust me. You can soak them in liquid wax or oil and they will be waterproof as well

You might be joking ? but these will brak also if you ride them on icy spring slopes.

1927.jpg

But seriously if you destroy Levels in that time you lean with too much power on slope, this is no longboarding with sliding bucks on your gloves.

I've been destoying hell of lot gloves on my years in carving, more in past but nowadays i can survive easily with 1+ pair per season, so roughly 50 days per pair :rolleyes:

I love 'truckstop gloves'! I get at least as much durability if not more for at least 80% less cost from lined leather work gloves as any regular brand of board/ski gloves.I usually get them in large so I can easily fit another liner glove.A wool liner in a leather work glove is super warm.About 26.00 total.No liner needed in the spring.

You might be joking ? but these will brak also if you ride them on icy spring slopes.

1927.jpg

But seriously if you destroy Levels in that time you lean with too much power on slope, this is no longboarding with sliding bucks on your gloves.

I've been destoying hell of lot gloves on my years in carving, more in past but nowadays i can survive easily with 1+ pair per season, so roughly 50 days per pair :rolleyes:

I use them all year long, that must be the problem. Leaning into my rake and shovel ect. Lol. I do time to time fall back into bad habbits. Plus the cherry from the pipe burns through the level gloves and not the leather Kincos. Versitility is what I need.

"Sliding bucks on the gloves".......................hmmmmmmmmm, now there is an interesting idea for snowboarding gloves.

the "original" product worked well in the past for me and is readily available at most shoe repair stores / departments. Checking on-line I found the cost to be around $15 for one tube with shipping for the Boot & Glove product. I believe I paid around $4 for the original product from a local merchant a few years ago.

I'm good to go! I picked up a couple of tubes of Shoe Goo from Walmart for $4/each.