Note to New Members ×

John Gilmour- retires from snowboarding.

John Gilmour

I was in Cerritos California yesterday looking at Aluminum extrusion machines and I met the owner of Razor scooters Carlton Calvin.

He and I started talking about wheels and bearings..and before you knew it we were having lunch- which after 4 hours of conversation turned into dinner with his CFO.

I had slalom gear in my car and set up a slalom course for him to see in the Razor parking lot.

After they were stoked by my skating I took the newest prototype Razor scooter with a super cool looking spring steel type truck (looks like leaf suspension Springs..) that changes geometry with lean and downforce. After about 6 runs I was able to do 4 cones per second down the steep hill.

At 7:30 Am today I met with their team coordinator and was signed to a $190,000 two year contract to ride their newest Razors exclusively and become part of their design team with a possible extension for another 3 years at a whooping 95K per year with profit sharing!

I however as part of this contract as if today, I can no longer do any other action sports such as skateboarding, snowboarding, kiteboarding, etc.. while under contract.

I hope to be able to advance these scooters to introduce people to a higher quality scooter that... in the best scenario, will lead to more people skateboarding and snowboarding. They even have a motorized division! Can we say....it's ON! Good bye stupid Segways! These will be faster- cheaper and have similar servos. Here is a prototype being tested on a skateboard.

http://sites.google.com/site/onewheeledselfbalancing/Home/twin-wheel-self-balancing-skateboard-lightweight-version

Sorry for those students I have taught over the years..I can still video coach you. The max contract is 5 years --so see everyone back on snow in 2016 at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...