Note to New Members ×

Graham Watanabe

ecshredder

Anybody ever seen this guy ride live? He's got awesome style in BX, I imagine he'd be able to put it down going solo.

I have had the pleasure since he was about 13. Graham rips and is a fantastic human being. We don't get to ride together much in the last four to six years but once in a while I'll see him on the hill. We used to race some slalom and Gs when he was doing that.

For me it's always a wakeup, when I think I am getting pretty smooth and fast and then have Graham show up. It's like "ohh so that's how good you have to be to win a World Cup and go to the Olympics."

GRaham showed up hoping to pick up the X Games invite for SBX which he ended up just missing out on as Ross Trulove passed him in the finals. But what i want to recall is his GS run to start it off. FIrst of all he showed up in a totally awful onepiece from the earlt 90s. Then he proceded to run the course doing twohanded eurotrash carves all the way down the course. It was a thing of beauty. Then he saw he was totally in it and smoked the second run. He qualified 2nd or 3rd for the parellel finals. I believe he went on to beat Anton Pogue to win it. Cant remember if he won the slalom the next day or not. Seems like he may have, what i recall was Pogue real irritated not to have won the events. Some of his Sbx runs were pretty amazing too.

But seeing him drop his hip to the snow and put both palms on the snow all the way down that GS course was what I have never forgotten...

he is a bad ass

GRaham showed up hoping to pick up the X Games invite for SBX which he ended up just missing out on as Ross Trulove passed him in the finals. But what i want to recall is his GS run to start it off. FIrst of all he showed up in a totally awful onepiece from the earlt 90s. Then he proceded to run the course doing twohanded eurotrash carves all the way down the course. It was a thing of beauty. Then he saw he was totally in it and smoked the second run. He qualified 2nd or 3rd for the parellel finals. I believe he went on to beat Anton Pogue to win it. Cant remember if he won the slalom the next day or not. Seems like he may have, what i recall was Pogue real irritated not to have won the events. Some of his Sbx runs were pretty amazing too.

But seeing him drop his hip to the snow and put both palms on the snow all the way down that GS course was what I have never forgotten...

he is a bad ass

Wow ... that sounds amazing. Must have been so exciting to watch!

he is a bad ass

He did the same thing around the 13yr old range in a race at TwoRavens local hill that we attended. All while wearing a "puffy" shirt from a tuxedo. If I am not mistaken he was also wearing the light blue polyester pants to go with the shirt. Good times and good memories.

Thanks Quigley

Ink