Note to New Members ×

Binding stuck to board

dblbasscleph

So I recently got a board/binding combo that is about 5 years old, and it seems as though the binding plates haven't been moved for those 5 years. They are catek OS1s, and I can't move them even when I take off the screws. Any suggestions? The board shop I was at to get things tuned had no idea either and they sold cateks (although only the new ones).

Sorry if this is obvious or a common question, I'm pretty new to plate bindings. Thanks!

flat head screwdriver between the donut and the binding, once the binding is off the donut should be peel right off.

this way the metal never touches the topsheet. the older catek donuts bond to most topsheets but in the case of the older doneks that had the soft rubbery topsheet it's much more pronounced.

same procedure for the td2/3

(in response to scrutton) Ah yes I remember reading about that, although I'm not sure what year mine are from exactly. I'll try the wood or something like that and if it doesn't work I may just leave them, I think I'm happy with their position.

I guess I could also melt them off with some bunsen burners :angryfire

bobdea: I'll try that too if I can get a thin flathead but I think the shop guy may have tried that as well and he couldn't get it under. probably didn't have anything thin enough.

if you have to assist with a ice pick. other options are to put large allen wrench in where the king pin goes and give it a yank. had to do that before when I was short on tools.

it all about leverage here, just be kinda clever and you'll get it.

dblbasscleph,

I've had that problem before too. Bobdea's suggestion (flat head screwdriver) is what I used - I just gently worked it under the plate and then turned/twisted it; the plate came off easily once the "seal" was broken. I caused no damage to the top sheet or otherwise. Be gentle, though.

Best of luck.

Colin

Try riding it without the screws i'll bet it's not as stuck as you think it is !:lol:.Put your boots on and jump around on it not ride a double black diamond.:AR15firin

That's actually how I got mine off.. My TD2s stuck to the protective tape on a Coiler.. All I did was click in and do some carpet carving and it tore right out.

Just bend the board. You can try decambering it, but bending backwards usually does the trick.

Sean is right on this one.

I have yet to find a pair that don't come off easily if you flex the board backwards. I would NOT pry with anything as I would not want to scratch or bend anything.

Another trick that works on the OS1's is to take a M5 allen wrench and stick it in the outer most 3D hole. use the other end as a handle and pry the plate up. Bending the board works better, but if I am too lazy to flip the board, this tends to work