Note to New Members ×

SkES 2011 Daily Rub In

two_ravens

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd have a heart attack the first time I went up the lift at Snow King. First time down was scarier.

Can't be as bad as Hunter on a weekend! :eek: (Although, I will say, I was warned and never actually went on a weekend, but I've heard the stories!!!)

The big question on everybody's mind....will there be a SkES 2012?

As my dad would say, "Hard sayin', not knowin'." Just have to see what happens next year, both with the fate of the mountain, and the motivation level of the organizers. :lurk:

Can't be as bad as Hunter on a weekend! :eek: (Although, I will say, I was warned and never actually went on a weekend, but I've heard the stories!!!)

Ummm... Kinpa, does Hunter get steeper on weekends? ;) I think tripine is referring to scary slope angles, not crowds - which we only have during races and then only on part of the mountain. Unless he means that he saw me riding and ran away screaming?!?! :o:eek:

Can I ask a dumb question here....where is Montucky? I'm thinking maybe near the border between Montana and Kentucky....but I'm having a bit of trouble finding it on the map ;)

Montucky currently ranges from Montana, Idaho and Wyoming but is mostly located in the mountainous areas of those states. Montucky does not have political nor geographically defined boundaries, so you will not find it on a map.

The typical rider from Montucky typically only stops for water/potty breaks and will always have pockets full of tasty treats that they inhale on the chair rides. They often wear bright colorful clothing (because bright clothes always have more pockets for snacks).

You will always know if there are folks from Montucky on you local hill, you will distinctly hear the "Caw! Caw!! Caw!!!" or "Yeah!!!!" They also have a secret hand signal, but I just am not allowed to disclose that here.

Cheers!

Montucky currently ranges from Montana, Idaho and Wyoming but is mostly located in the mountainous areas of those states. Montucky does not have political nor geographically defined boundaries, so you will not find it on a map.

The typical rider from Montucky typically only stops for water/potty breaks and will always have pockets full of tasty treats that they inhale on the chair rides. They often wear bright colorful clothing (because bright clothes always have more pockets for snacks).

You will always know if there are folks from Montucky on you local hill, you will distinctly hear the "Caw! Caw!! Caw!!!" or "Yeah!!!!" They also have a secret hand signal, but I just am not allowed to disclose that here.

Cheers!

Sounds like heaven on earth! Thanks :)

Coming to Jackson mar 12, would love to see other hard booters

Tripine, you might want to post up on the WY ride board too... I ride Snow King - not exactly a destination resort plus the grooming has been very poor this season :( - with occasional trips to Kelly Canyon and Grand Targhee. Your best bet for a gathering of hardbooters would be a weekend day at the Ghee, or look for caspercarver under the Casper chair. Let us know what your plans are...

and all 3 of you should wear neon pink oneseys!

I can only speak for myself - but if you send it, I'll wear it! :ices_ange

• 11 months later...
Fin, the real reason you weren't invited????? :eplus2::eplus2::eplus2: Because your Boiler Plate can't hold a candle to our new.....

Pi Plate

Available only at SkES 2011 - exclusive new technology to enhance your carving experience!!! From the brilliant mind and mathematical genius of Two Ravens comes a totally radical step forward in carving technology. The Pi Plate will unleash your unlimited carving potential. Don't be left out: BUY ONE NOW!!!! Every carver on the planet needs one of these!!!!!

photos:

1) Blinded by delight! The new Pi Plate revealed!

2) Lightweight design fits any hole pattern. Absolutely guaranteed to improve the performance of any boot/binding/board/rider combination in any and all conditions!!!!

Guess JP1's Gizmos are obsolete now...Shame 'cause I think he was on to something :(