1. 1. Most awesome place to live?

• Tahoe/Sierra
    • East Quebec
    • East Vermont
    • Okanagan Valley
    • Coastal B.C.
    • Colorado

Where's the most awesome place to live?

East Quebec- COLD!, good snow, Mont-Sainte Anne, Le Massif, Stoneham, Tremblant, and lots of 1200-1500ft vertical mountains full of wide blue runs and night carving. GREAT cities

East Vermont - Cold, Really great snow. Stratton, Sugarbush, Okemo, Sugarloaf, Smuggs, Stowe, Killington, Mt. Snow, Sunday River.

Tahoe- From what I hear, Big snow, BEAUTIFUL, nice mountains. Sugar Bowl, Heavenly, Squaw, Sierra, Sierra Summit, Kirkwood, June, Hometown, Bear Valley, Alpine Meadows

Okanagan - BEAUTIFUL!! Small cities, not much to do but mountain bike and snowboard, but what's wrong with that :) , BIG nice pow. You got the local Big White, Apex, Silver Star, Sun Peaks. From what I hear not crowded. You're close to Panorama, Fernie, Kicking Horse, Lake Louise etc. to get some POW POW. Also Whistler for some trips.

Coastal BC - Whistler, Blackcomb! Beautiful and big snow again :) Vancouver and surroundings nice to live in.

Colorado - SNOW... I don't know about Denver, but looking on a map it's SWEET. Loveland, Keystone, Copper, A-Basin, Breckenridge, Winter Park all closeby. With all these closeby choices, are these even crowded on weekends? A bit farther and yah... Vail, ASPEN, Steamboat, Crested Butte, Buttermilk, Beaver Creek... Yeah...

Tahoe/Sierra must include Mammoth! Dont forget the 3,100 vertical feet, 3,500 acres, Top elevation: 11,053 feet, 150 named trails, 27 lifts (10 express quads, 3 gondolas), 300 days of sunshine per year,

400 inches of snow per year!

There are some great WIDE open carving trails up there and excellent grooming.

And we started carving in Oct, with 82" in that month alone.

:D

sunday river and sugar loaf have the goods and they are in ME not VT

between those two resorts any carver should have his/her fill

over all I give the 'loaf and SR the east title as my favorite places to ride and if I want trees Jay gets it

my best day on plates stratton owns that

best pow days sunday river had a couple killer days and of course Jay Peak has the trees

sad though that I lived in CO and the icey snowless east owns it for me as far as the best days I have had on snow even the powder days

hehe yah I know, I included them in East Vermont, I'll change it to East Vermont/Maine

I thought Mammoth was in SoCal? oops!

Is Utah (besides Park City) good for carving? I thought that the mountains were all about the pow, and attracting East Coast skiers to get some of it? I'll put it in.

Er, wot about the rest of the world? I thought Canada was a bit less parochial than your southern neighbours, but perhaps I was wrong.

The best place is anywhere there's decent snow; if you need motorways then you just haven't progressed far enough to appreciate a decent mogul field.

Well, I'll add a nod to Mammoth - great terrain and LOTS of it. However, I really don't have to look much farther than my own back yard for great riding - both pow and groomers. And YES there is good carving in Utah outside of PC (though it is a great carving mountain).

Oh, BTW, it's DUMPING as I type this - life is good:)

I voted Colorada 'cause Buttermilk spoiled me! (get it?) Stevens Pass, Wa and Crystal both have great carving runs where you can lay it out. Stevens Pass is my " local" mountain, but then you've got Mt. Baker also for the backcountry and the dumbfounded looks you get when you show up on carving gear! Oh, and Snoqualmie summit can be good with some wide open runs that beg for the treatment. And then you've got Oregon, with Mt. Hood and Mt. Batcheler. The coast just flat rocks!

I have to say that any place with good snow and not too many people on the slopes is a good carving location.

For me that would be pretty much any resort at Tahoe midweek. Even on weekends you can usually find some runs that are not too crowded...

Gotta put my 2 cents worth in LITTLETON, NEW HAMPSHIRE !!!!!

within 1.5 HOUR DRIVE

CANNON

BRETTON WOODS

LOON

ATTITASH

WATERVILLE VALLEY

CRANMORE

BLACK MTN

WILDERNESS ( BALSAMS )

WILDCAT

SUNDAY RIVER

SHAWNY PEAK

JAY PEAK

BURKE MTN

SUGARBUSH

STOWE

SMUGGLER NOTCH

MAD RIVER

SUNAPEE

BOLTON VALLEY

GUNSTOCK

RAGGED MTN

TENNY MTN

AND FOR YOU BACKCOUNTRY BUFFS

TUCKERMAN

GULF OF SLIDES

WILDCAT TRAIL

OAKES GULF

TUCKER BROOK

MT MOOSELAUKE

THE ONLY OTHER PLACE I KNOW LIKE THIS IS UTAH!!!!

best varied terrain for hard carving the steeps/bumps etc: Squaw

best for wind packed powder and groomed highways: Mammoth

most varied terrain in one run: Whakapapa New Zealand

Best place to try with unlimited cash: somewhere on someone else's list outside of Tahoe, SoCal, NZ!!!!

Best place for "no shirt" snowboarding sans boots and board: Jomtien Beach, 2 hours south of Bangkok. No snow, but nice for da windsurf ;-)

aiiight.

kipsan

Guest Randy S.

To me the best place for carving is the one you can get to on a regular basis. For me that's Tahoe so that's my vote, but if I lived in MN (not in a million years) it might (gasp) be Buck Hill.

If money is no object then I'd tour the world riding as many different big mountains as possible.

How many of you guys get to carve it up in the summer time???

not many!!........Well come on up, down or over to Timberline, Mt. Hood and you'll be able to carve it up 10 to 11 months out of the year if you want to. Either way I agree with everyone else.....just ride!!!!