Note to New Members ×

23.5 wide boards?

DiveBomber

I prefer wider boards as well. I had Bruce make me a board with all the new shapes, metal, tech etc. etc. at 23cm width. I can live without the extra 0.5cm...

I believe the Donek Razor or is it the Blade (one of those two always get them confused) is also a 23.5cm board as well. It was designed by that Greek dude (G-Force guys i believe) to be the American counter part to the Swoard w/o having to pay the hefty fees to get one. Unfortunately, that I know of it was only in a glass construction, but I'm sure you can request Sean to make it for you in metal and tailor it a little bit more to your specific liking. That said, I think it'll come out to be cheaper than a Prior ATV would be if you request it to be constructed in metal...

Also try checking out exoticboards.com. They still have some SG Cults and SG Souls available, if I recall correctly, I know one of those boards is also close to 23.5cm - they're only in glass construction though, and have been discontinued, so no getting them in metal.

Pretty hard width to find... Kinda beyond typical alpine and below FS/FR width. Here, of the bat:

23.5:

ATV (Prior will make you one in metal, but will charge you for it)

Stuf Acellerator 164

Oxygen SX 164

F2 Eliminator in shorter sizes

Volant 163

Winterstick Cirque 159 (confirm with Crucible)

23:

SG Cult

F2 SpeedX/ElDiablo/Vantage 165/166 (22.8). Vantage is titanal.

Prior WCRM "Fatjack" 177 (existing template)

Coiler AM, original, used to be available in 23 too, some must be still floating around

Stay away from EC specific boards, thay are not suitable for what you wanted to do. I didn't list any of those.

Also try checking out exoticboards.com. They still have some SG Cults and SG Souls available, if I recall correctly, I know one of those boards is also close to 23.5cm - they're only in glass construction though, and have been discontinued, so no getting them in metal.

Last time I checked with exotic, they had sold the last of the Cults. Some nice deals on tankers though.

Bruce's wait time is greatly overstated on here sometimes. I was surprised by how soon he said he could get a board made for me, I actually had to postpone it!

Not if there isnt any snow left to ride it on!!

P.S. There will likely be snow again in the fall of 2011. ;) I've been there though; I got a new (to me) board 2 days after the last ski area within 300 miles closed. It was depressing.

I wanted to Have Bruce build me a board, but he never answers the phone and im sure I wouldnt have it till next summer anyway.

As everyone said. Email. When I emailed him I asked about his prefered method of communication and he said email...

In anycase, yeah, I had Bruce build me a 23cm VSR-tight that looks just like WEBSIGHT360's.

I corresponded with Bruce at the end of the season around April and got the board in December - definitely worth the wait. There's a reason that everyone is willing to wait for one.

If you don't want to wait, just give Sean a call. Donek can get you a customish board in around 2-4weeks.

Can you tell me a little more where or why the Coiler VSR/NSR 23" over a EC style board? I have not had the chance to demo either but interested in hearing from those that have.

Versatility.

With a VSR/NSR 23cm and a medium to large side cut radius (after averaging everything out), the boards are still EC capable (even capable on my 164 VSR 23cm width with tight-SCR), but more importantly can tackle all conditions throughout the day from ice, crud, chop, and varying levels of slush. Essentially, you get a carving board with all mountain and EC capabilities.

EC boards depending on the design tend to be one trick ponies and generally are not very good on ice - I definitely know this is true of one of the Virus models made for EC (can't remember the name - carvingchef/arclite has the board), although i can't speak on experience for the Swoard or other EC specific boards.

Versatility.

With a VSR/NSR 23cm and a medium to large side cut radius (after averaging everything out), the boards are still EC capable (even capable on my 164 VSR 23cm width with tight-SCR), but more importantly can tackle all conditions throughout the day from ice, crud, chop, and varying levels of slush. Essentially, you get a carving board with all mountain and EC capabilities.

EC boards depending on the design tend to be one trick ponies and generally are not very good on ice - I definitely know this is true of one of the Virus models made for EC (can't remember the name - carvingchef/arclite has the board), although i can't speak on experience for the Swoard or other EC specific boards.

The VSR is very versatile as above.

The Swoard 2D although an EC board, is also just as versatile and works very well in icy conditions and is a very easy ride. Where the VSR is better is in choppy conditions in my opinion.

I can't comment on the Virus since never ridden one.

My 2 cents.

I wanted to Have Bruce build me a board, but he never answers the phone and im sure I wouldnt have it till next summer anyway.

uhhhh, email?

it's not like getting in contact with the kessler guy..

usually takes him 3 days to a week to respond