Note to New Members ×

iphone users...

shawndoggy

If you ride with tunes (and I'm not trying to make this one of THOSE threads), I strongly recommend checking out Adaptunes. Its a $.99 ap that uses the gps and acellerometer in the phone to turn the volume up and down based on speed and movement of the phone. Using the "skiing" setting, this ap is incredible. I can now have normal conversations with people on the chair while rocking out down the hill, all hands free. As soon as you stop the volume instantly drops. I've also got mine set up to be more reactive to actual movement of the phone (not just speed that the phone is travelling), so even though the chair ride is fast, the phone is relatively still so the tunes are really faint in the background. Pretty dern cool.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adaptunes-speed-based-volume/id319479071?mt=8

mzl.sqpiglui.320x480-75.jpg

If you ride with tunes (and I'm not trying to make this one of THOSE threads), I strongly recommend checking out Adaptunes. Its a $.99 ap that uses the gps and acellerometer in the phone to turn the volume up and down based on speed and movement of the phone.

interesting, thanks for the link!

too bad others have no respect and ARE turning this into "one of THOSE threads"' :mad:

Does this ap allow you to turn DOWN the volume the faster you're going?

For safety's sake, it seems to me the time you want be more aware of outside noises is when you're going faster. :confused:

I can't hear anything but wind anyway.So I would just assume the music turn up when that is the case.

I'm fully deaf when I ride...

Got a maxed out portable rig with a portable tube amplifier, Ultrasone edition 9's with a APS cable upgrade, ALO Imod dock, and red Wine Audio 5th gen Imod..

I'm in the club...

So I don't dare ride slow enough to let a straightliner pass me.

Now my headphones won't fit in my Troy Lee D3 helmet (nice lid... it would meet DOT spec.s and is about 1 kilo.)

SO I would suggest getting JH audio 16's to go with that cool app that I also decided to try out.