Note to New Members ×

Plan-B Plate, by BlueB

BlueB

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, poles would be required for monoboard application. You'll see it in use tomorrow ;)

Mounting the alpine bindings too will allow me to ride it snowboard style if no love for monoboarding. Also, I can go up the lift as a monoboarder (both feet in), to take the weight better, then change to snowboard mode for descent.

Last but not least, I can put a student in the left and front bindings, pidgeon-toe stance, and I can ride right and rear binding, duck stance, for tandem riding! Only female students can apply ;)

It worked great!

First run in the Mono mode was scary and painfull. Later, the things clicked in...

Our friend Randy, and avid skier and softboot carver, pretty much wanted to pray it out of my hands :D

In action, I guess not too bad for 1st time on a monoski:

post-1678-141842343758_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842343762_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842343765_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I only had it on F2 ElDiablo - first time on a wide and short, tight turning board. Except for the weight it was great - better crud busting and more edge hold then way bigger Tanker that I ran without plate, back to back. The rebound also seemed to be more.

The F2's insert spacing didn't alow me for the optimal plate setup and forced a stance further forward, yet it was still good. I might drill few more holes on the plate to make it compatible with "fussy" boards.

I also came into possession of a great Coiler 177, that just have "plate" written all over it. Stay tuned for an update in about a week or so...

• 1 year later...

Sooo... UHMDPE hardware still alive and well, 2+ years after creation, with infrequent use and occasional abuse :)...

Last year I had it on a Coiler Chubby 177, rode ok until I hurt my lower back, so had to give up on heavy setups, to the end of the season, which ended with a bad ski related injury...

Today, I had the PBP on Coiler AMT 177. Nirvana! Stiffish nose and softness between the bindings were in perfect tune with the plate. I turned the plate around, so the large hole (and flex that comes with it) was closer to the rear binding - got inspired by Apex plate's flex pattern.

This was the smoothest plate board combo so far...

Interesting, when I went down a black pitch, it proved that I rode a bit in a back seat, which I couldn't feel on a blue slope, prior. With technique adjustment, the things clicked together again.

Snow was fresh and groomed today, with some harder stuff under, just some bumping up. I'll leave the plate on, to test this combo in real hard packed conditions.

Edited by BlueB
spelling "UHMDPE"