Note to New Members ×

Sweetsooziep's White Prior 4WD 164cm snowboard... info please!!

Flywalker

Hi...

There was a classified ad on here yesterday from sweetsooziep that had a white Prior 4WD snowboard for sale.... l believe she wanted $200. l followed a thread inside her listing asking whether this board was manufactured 30% softer because the board was made for a woman. She bought it for her son to use for bordercross.

Could someone please verify that this snowboard from this seller is actually 30% softer? There was a whole conversation linked to her sales post about whether or not the board she was selling was the softer board in question.... but l see that her sales advert has been removed.

Any information on the board would be really appreciated. l have wanted a 4WD ever sine they came out and l want to be sure that l am possibly buying the correct board for my needs . l am a 42 yr old man 170 lbs athletic and have been riding hard boots since 1988.

Thank you (^_^)

I'm curious as to why she's reselling my board after making a huge stinking deal about how we took two weeks to send it and her kid was all excited to ride it. It kind of makes me want it back. Weird.

Sweetsooziep sold the board to me on eBay without telling me it had been made for you, Angie. When l expressed interest in buying other items she had for sale, she directed me to this website and her sales listing so l could see pictures. lt was there that l discovered the history of this board. When l confronted her about the info l found on this site, she removed her listing. We are now in a Paypal dispute.

l bought the board in good faith. l have wanted a Prior 4WD for a long long time and was thrilled to find one for what appeared to be an excellent price. Too good to be true, it seems.

Sweetsooziep sold the board to me on eBay without telling me it had been made for you, Angie. When l expressed interest in buying other items she had for sale, she directed me to this website and her sales listing so l could see pictures. lt was there that l discovered the history of this board. When l confronted her about the info l found on this site, she removed her listing. We are now in a Paypal dispute.

l bought the board in good faith. l have wanted a Prior 4WD for a long long time and was thrilled to find one for what appeared to be an excellent price. Too good to be true, it seems.

Let's slow down. Sweetsoozie has allot on her plate and I think we all want to be carefull about going to far too quick.

Flywalker, contact me via PM with details and I will see if I can help. *enable your BOL PM please*

SS was under no obligation to tell you it was made for Angie. That would be more detail than anyone would expect.

Those anxious to see an online pissing match , please resist.

PM sent.

l believe it would have been appropriate to list the board as having been specially built with a softer flex for lighter riders. That would have been enough information... and correct.

I do not wish to turn this thread into a flame war. My apologies for joining this forum under less than favorable conditions. Hopefully this situation can be rectified in the near future and l can enjoy being part of the Bomber community.

SS was under no obligation to tell you it was made for Angie. That would be more detail than anyone would expect.

Those anxious to see an online pissing match , please resist.

My intention was not to suggest she should have tagged it as mine (nor is it to start a pissing match. I'm so not one of those); however, considering the events laid out for the current purchase and how she acted towards us during the purchasing process of our transaction, I find it odd that she turned around and sold it almost immediately on EBAY.

Whatever. Once it left my house it wasn't mine anymore; I just don't understand it because she and her son both send Jim and I fairly nasty emails about the boards arrival (or lack there of) before there was reason to (one of which was done through the public forum and not through email/PM). If you're than anxious to get a board, why are you selling it again right away?

Hope the paypal issue gets worked out Flywalker.

Understood.

Angie is a well respect BOL member, her business with Suzie is done.

Suzie may have acted in haste in an effort to secure a board for her son, then learned it was not ideal for BX. She has some serious medical issues and is juggling raising three young men. I am certain she had no interest to decieve anyone.

Flywalker. I am willing to help find an amicable solution if you will work with Suzie. We all want you to enjoy your fellowship here at BOL. It is an amazing place filled with amazing folks.

First step? Take this off line and give it a fair chance. Do me a big favor and delete this thread. It is a good use of "Delete" and will allow you to continue on at BOL with minimal baggage. I promise to help find a resolution if you are both willing to work in good spirit.

Bryan

Good luck resolving all this for everyone involved.

I did not see the ebay listing so I do not know what it said or how it was worded.

When dealing with a board that is, almost always, sold as a stock flex, the seller is definitely obligated to state that the board was a custom flex for a lighter rider. The buyer would otherwise assume that it was stock. As most of us know, a small difference in flex makes a big difference in board performance.

Seems pretty clear to me that she should take the board back, refund the money, and relist the board with the correct information.

Thank you all for your posts.

Bryan, l am willing to remove this thread. l would appreciate it if you would keep the thread that you linked me to re: the history of this snowboard open and available for viewing if necessary, though.

By the way... HI everyone...LOL!

Hope to catch up with you elsewhere in the forums (^_-)

The original post was put up by Jim Callen (we cohabitate if you're confused as to why he posted my board, HAHA), so he or a moderator would be the only ones to remove it, and I'll tell him not to so you can still have the info.

You can always PM either he or I if you need the info and can't find it as well. The board has my name on it next to the serial number (Angie Marasco).

Thanks rjnakata.

From the ebay listing. Definitely not very accurate.

"Pearl white pristine condition except the stain under the binding spot, could come clean with care, has topograhical map of Whistler, handcrafted there. 164cm snowboard use less than 20 days in 2008! Titanium layered BX board was too much for my son to handle!"

I think we can all agree, that this wouldn't seem as irksome if she had chosen to resell the board through the forum instead of on Ebay. I agree that it may have ended up being something other than what her son could use, so reselling it isn't necessarily what's bothering me.

Selling it through Ebay says to me that she's trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes and make sure that we (Jim and I) don't find out she's selling it for a good bit more than we sold it to her for (which there's no crime in). In addition to several misrepresented facts about the board, it just seems weird to me to sell the board on ebay when you know about this forum and that it is the best/easiest/fastest place to buy and sell used alpine equipment. No matter how much you have going on in your life, it takes the same amount of time to post something here as on Ebay. And here is free.

And my last point is, while she may not have known to explicitly disclose the fact that it was a custom board with a softer flex, the information on base grinds, condition, and days used was inaccurately represented, and that is unacceptable espcially when we provided all that information to her and all she had to do was cut and paste. Even someone who doesn't snowboard can look at that board and see it is not pristine.

I hope Bryan can help you get things worked out.

Good Luck.

Had few PM exchange with Sue.

I guess she entered the hardbooting market without enough knowledge.

Had long email regarding board & binding selection for her sons. At least one of them is a USASA racer and she was looking to give him the best tools possible. She kept buying boards based on "good deals" without focusing on the real need: you don't race GS with a 4WD ! Then she realized she had to focus on fewer boards, and went on selling stock on BOL to fund better "racing" board for her kids.

I was politely asked to "bail out" by Susan. I was happy to help as long as both parties wanted the help.

Just FYI. I do believe that this board was listed originally along with quite a few items here first. Then, they were posted on Ebay if they had not sold. Please, everyone remember we do not have all the details, it is their issue to resolve and they/we need to try to keep it in perspective. So many times the solution is so close, so easy, yet emotions and a sense of right create a wall making a solution much more difficult. I wish you both satisfaction.

Hi,

Unfortunately the dispute was escalated to a claim.... by Ms. Price. She did not care for my "accusations" that the board in question was not a stock 4WD. She completely refuses to accept that this board is a softer flexing board built from the Prior factory for a female buyer... and is trying to force me to take the board and resell it myself.

l told Ms. Price that IF she could prove to me it was, in fact, a stock 4WD l would be happy to keep it.

l am sorry that it has turned into a rather ugly situation. l understand that Ms. Price is in somewhat dire straits and do not wish to add to her already sizable list of challenges.

ln any case, lf the Paypal staff do their homework l believe they will make the right decision.