Note to New Members ×

Sweetsooziep's White Prior 4WD 164cm snowboard... info please!!

Flywalker

Hi,

Unfortunately the dispute was escalated to a claim.... by Ms. Price. She did not care for my "accusations" that the board in question was not a stock 4WD. She completely refuses to accept that this board is a softer flexing board built from the Prior factory for a female buyer... and is trying to force me to take the board and resell it myself.

l told Ms. Price that IF she could prove to me it was, in fact, a stock 4WD l would be happy to keep it.

l am sorry that it has turned into a rather ugly situation. l understand that Ms. Price is in somewhat dire straits and do not wish to add to her already sizable list of challenges.

ln any case, lf the Paypal staff do their homework l believe they will make the right decision.

You can also call Chris Prior and ask him for the information yourself. Tell him it was a board made for me: Angie Marasco, but you don't have the serial number. He will give you the exact details on the board. Also, she claimed in the ebay listing it had titanium, which it didn't...so that right there is another item to support your claim. If you can provide information as part of the claim, I think you should do this.

I think all of this is funny because at one point in time, there was a posting somewhere saying she had a lot of extra money to throw around on her kids for snowboards. All of this doesn't add up. I'm not judging; its just weird, and I hope you get the situation resolved. If I can provide any help, since it was originally made for me, let me know.

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your post and support(^_^) Paypal have a link to this thread so if they do even a modest amount of investigating it should be clear what has transpired. Hopefully a decision will come soon and l can focus on my plans for the winter!

As an FYI, I spoke to her about purchasing the board when it was listed on this forum in her for sale thread.

She was very up front with me and I looked at the previous thread that she bought it from.

It was too soft and short for me, but she was a pleasure to deal with via email.

No sides, just sayin'

I was politely asked to "bail out" by Susan. I was happy to help as long as both parties wanted the help.

Just FYI. I do believe that this board was listed originally along with quite a few items here first. Then, they were posted on Ebay if they had not sold. Please, everyone remember we do not have all the details, it is their issue to resolve and they/we need to try to keep it in perspective. So many times the solution is so close, so easy, yet emotions and a sense of right create a wall making a solution much more difficult. I wish you both satisfaction.

Hey Bryan,

I sure think you'd make a classy BOL moderator. :biggthump

Ms. Price escalated the dispute to a claim after l told her that l would refuse to receive the board and have it returned to sender. Her last comment before escalating to claim was that this board was a stock standard 4WD and that l should educate myself before making false accusations.

That is too bad. The board has not even shipped and she is doing this?

Unless there is some misunderstanding, I don't think she should be allowed to post things in the For Sale section anymore.

I do not know if they would provide them but the mods have deleted posts and threads if you need them for your case with Paypal.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Paypal judged in my favor. l suspect this thread had a lot to do with the verdict. l just want to say "thank you very much" to everyone who wrote in here, especially Angie and Jim!

Guess that means l'm shopping again!

Hey Everyone,

Paypal judged in my favor. l suspect this thread had a lot to do with the verdict. l just want to say "thank you very much" to everyone who wrote in here, especially Angie and Jim!

Guess that means l'm shopping again!

Nice! It is really too bad you had to go through all of that over what seems to be a straight forward situation. So strange.

• 3 months later...
Really? I thought she posted pics of her kids saying "these are the kids you are sponsoring" ?

I am so sorry I read this thread about an alleged ill intent on my part to decieve someone about a snowboard I bought here last summer. Thankfully Bryan stepped up to help end the character defamation and set the record straight: the truth being that I was the victim in this drama, not the other way around. A lot of undue accusation and fabricated assumptions were shared. The fact that I was and am lame and make mistakes about snowboard details is due to cognitive memory impairment from a brain-injury sustained years ago in Thailand. I have no intent to decieve. Secondly, by ending my ad with a "thank-you for sponsoring my kids" didn't mean anything more than that whatever I earned from your generousity went into buying them their ski passes and team dues so they could join their jr./high-school team. (They actually deserve to be sponsored though, as once again my sons are placing as top racers of CA-NEVADA CNISSF, despite NOT having any of their top-rate gear anymore).

It was wrong to pass judgment. Next time, do the right thing and "ask" the person before you start gossiping. Instead educate.

The board in question ended up in my hands and I felt inclined to add what I know.

I bought the board for $275, if I recall correctly. The ebay description of the 4WD was

Made out of standard stock by Prior, customized for a 145--165 lb rider, graphics include a topographical elevation map of Whistler, black on white pearl shimmer-color; ridden a dozen times when sold to me, I am looking for a 154--156 board and need cash so I am liquidating my collectible boards (see my other carving boards); you can see the stain under where the bindings sit but otherwise this board was not used by me and is still in the same excellent condition; waxed for shipping

This being my beginner board, I did not care much about such specifics as board flex.

That said, I had a pleasant interaction with Ms. Price. Given that some details may have been wrong, I don't think it was ever her intention to misrepresent the board and profit from it.

Disclaimer: I am not taking sides.