Note to New Members ×

2010 Donek Hotness arrived!!

~tb

Yes, we west of the Mississippi should bow down to the almighty skill and talent of our east coast bretheren. Skillless hacks we are, no talent, mere students of alpine snowboarding is all we could ever hope to achieve. All the true alpine masters heil from the mighty icy east coast. We out west all should just stop riding alpine, sell all of our gear and buy snowblades. Just pokin fun, don't get mad.:angryfire East Coast Rules:biggthump

Think Snow!

That's right buddy, you better bow down and role the red carpet out when we show up...:eplus2:

Kress - It looks like all that poking around has got the East Coast guys fluffed up a bit. All in fun that's just your way I know. I understand from Fin that is no ESES planned this year and we might get some of that crew out to Aspen. Those guys are great riders and love that "hero snow" we have. I love the excitement and intensity when getting together with a group of top riders.We all ride better. Hope some of you guys can come out - start making plans now. Prepare the wife and kids for your departure. Mark is alot of fun to ride with - however if you show up with any boards sub 180cm he mightgive you a friendly jab or two.

A fresh groomer is starting to sound good - McDougall

Yes, we west of the Mississippi should bow down to the almighty skill and talent of our east coast bretheren. Skillless hacks we are, no talent, mere students of alpine snowboarding is all we could ever hope to achieve. All the true alpine masters heil from the mighty icy east coast. We out west all should just stop riding alpine, sell all of our gear and buy snowblades. Just pokin fun, don't get mad.:angryfire East Coast Rules:biggthump

Think Snow!

Here on the East, we are taught from an early age that West Coasters are pot smoking hippies that can't hold down a job.

So, years ago, I traveled west to see if that was true. I was pleasantly suprised to find that people out west did in fact have jobs. While most people I met were stoned, their attitudes were very pleasant. The lack of bathing was something to get used to - especially from the hairy women. All in all though a good experience. I lived among the west coasters for some time observing their bizarre mating rituals and eating habits (like putting avocado on everything). Upon moving back east, I found that my snowboarding skills had disappeared from riding their freshy powpow all the time. So I had to relearn hardboots all over again.

If I had to do it all over again, I would bring lots of penicillin with me next time and some real ****in pizza. The pow sure was fun though.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but is AR back in the house and posting? Not pointing fingers but there's a post here that has me thinking....

Seraph, if you are referring to the gentleman with only two posts, it's not him.

McDougall is one of those guys that must have finally figured out how to use a computer:eplus2:.

Seriously, if you get the chance to ride with him at the SES, do it. He's an amazing rider.

See you at Lovey,

ice

Seraph, if you are referring to the gentleman with only two posts, it's not him.

McDougall is one of those guys that must have finally figured out how to use a computer:eplus2:.

Seriously, if you get the chance to ride with him at the SES, do it. He's an amazing rider.

See you at Lovey,

ice

Yes, definitely my bad. I didn't read his full other post and when I did I saw the photos.

And definitely looking forward to sessions at lovey and SES this year. Gonna get my lovey 4 paks in 2 weeks. Planning on riiding with you guys once a month, winter park the other weekends.

S

No sh*t, my thoughts exactly! Glad to see you post it up McDougall....I guess you're a good enough rider to have a BOL opinion now, eh? :biggthump

PS. Looking forward to seeing you in Aspen!

[quote name=GeoffV;311886.

Seriously we've been out west' date=' all you need to do is lean over, sharp edges not needed carving in butter does not require that, most of you guys would sh$t your pants on the stuff we ride on.

Just ask Fin, Sean and Joerg what they think of East Coast conditions and narrow trails. It's a hole different ball game.[/quote]

Geoff with all due respect, I wouldn't lump all us West Coast guys together. I kinda took offense, albeit unwarranted due to my lack of skill, in regards to your comment about us "West Coast guys" not being able to handle your East Coast terrain. Shasta probably can't hold a candle to some of the gnarly, narrow, icy stuff you guys have to ride back east, but it can be difficult and challenging. I personally know of 3 riders here (Ralann, Trikerdad, & Sandman) that could probably hang pretty tough no matter the conditions or geographical location. I only make mention of it because you seemed to not originally know Snowman was joking, and the 3 riders I mentioned above are definitely skilled individuals who deserve more props than being lumped in with your perception of us "West Coasters". I understand you're a very good rider and could smoke me any day of the week, but I respect the guys I mentioned and feel they could stand toe to toe with anybody, anywhere.

Geoff with all due respect, I wouldn't lump all us West Coast guys together. I kinda took offense, albeit unwarranted due to my lack of skill, in regards to your comment about us "West Coast guys" not being able to handle your East Coast terrain. Shasta probably can't hold a candle to some of the gnarly, narrow, icy stuff you guys have to ride back east, but it can be difficult and challenging. I personally know of 3 riders here (Ralann, Trikerdad, & Sandman) that could probably hang pretty tough no matter the conditions or geographical location. I only make mention of it because you seemed to not originally know Snowman was joking, and the 3 riders I mentioned above are definitely skilled individuals who deserve more props than being lumped in with your perception of us "West Coasters". I understand you're a very good rider and could smoke me any day of the week, but I respect the guys I mentioned and feel they could stand toe to toe with anybody, anywhere.

No, nah, sorry. West Coast=suckage. Skillless hack.

Think Snow

Think Snow!

Yes, but we can poke fun knowing that even with no skills we can out run them on our 185s. The 158cm boards are cute but ...........:eplus2:

Very sexy board.

Any base graphics?

Seeing this board makes me want to get on a Donek skwal.

Anyone remember Monodude's Donek metal skwal?

Well I want that, but with this sexy carbon topsheet.

East Coast Rules!!!

:AR15firin

you could get that carbon topsheet and a scaled-down version of the graphic on my proto board! 12 or 14 segments? :biggthump

Kress - It looks like all that poking around has got the East Coast guys fluffed up a bit. All in fun that's just your way I know. I understand from Fin that is no ESES planned this year and we might get some of that crew out to Aspen. Those guys are great riders and love that "hero snow" we have. I love the excitement and intensity when getting together with a group of top riders.We all ride better. Hope some of you guys can come out - start making plans now. Prepare the wife and kids for your departure. Mark is alot of fun to ride with - however if you show up with any boards sub 180cm he mightgive you a friendly jab or two.

A fresh groomer is starting to sound good - McDougall

Kress: long boards are boring... they do all the work for you... McDougall - please bring salmon :biggthump

Anyone remember Monodude's Donek metal skwal?

Well I want that, but with this sexy carbon topsheet.

Monodude rocked that Skwal. You totes need one.

East Coast Rules!!!

:AR15firin

And you are just trying to convince yourself of this since you're too wussy to get your ass back out here this season! :eplus2: