Note to New Members ×

Anyone have experience with Deeluxe GTS boots?

Alaskan Rover

Anybody have any experience with the Deeluxe GTS boots? They supposedly have various stiffeners throughout the boot.

Apparently they are no longer manufactured by Deeluxe, as there is not a peep about them on their website....as a matter of fact, it looks like they only make 3 models of boots now.

Here is a sales blurb about them from another site, but I'd rather know from people who've tried 'em.

"Features

The Deeluxe GTS is a solid performer for the Carver that wants to tear the ass out of it in soft boots. The GTS comes with 2 sets of "flex bars" that are inserted on the inside and outside of the boot to change the cuff flex. The boots are already super supportive in the pow and crud without the bars and if you're headed out on your all mountain board and you want to rip some cord, these boots are hands down the best tool.

These boots originally retailed for $300. We have a nice selection of sizes and are offering them for a buck and a quarter. You will not find a better deal on brand new, top of the line, Deeluxe softies."

The sales price is pretty good, plus a decent discount on top of that. They look pretty durable. I think 'Deeluxe' is Raichle, Inc...right? I used to ski on Raichles for a while....Flexon something or other. They seemed fairly well-made, but I liked my Lange X-9s for racing and my Lange Mid 5.5s for comfort. Here's the Deeluxe GTS:

Deeluxe_GTS-2T.jpg

I've never used Deeluxe GTS boots, but I think they would be be great for carving. I don't know why, but I think they just would. I never go in the terrain park, but I also think they would be great for big air, and the half pipe. You could definitely use them for skiing as well, but you would have to modify the sole for DIN bindings. Come to think of it, once you've modified the sole, you could use them on a split board, and they would be better than anything else out there.

I've been thinking about a new split board binding system that these boots would be perfect for. Because I'm a cheapskate, I'll try any stupid thing before I fork out for something that works. Instead of bindings, you need to carry a battery drill. For ski ascents, you just screw the toes down with some half inch sheet rock screws. If it's icy, just use longer screws and you have great ski crampons. Once the board is assembled at the top, screw the whole sole down at what ever angle looks right for that day (total adjust-ability). If you end up going too fast, you can use some of those longer sheet rock screws through the tail of the board to create some drag. I'd really appreciate any serious feedback on this new binding concept. I was going to patent it, but that is not in the spirit of snowboarding.

I've never used Deeluxe GTS boots, but I think they would be be great for carving. I don't know why, but I think they just would. I never go in the terrain park, but I also think they would be great for big air, and the half pipe. You could definitely use them for skiing as well, but you would have to modify the sole for DIN bindings. Come to think of it, once you've modified the sole, you could use them on a split board, and they would be better than anything else out there.

I've been thinking about a new split board binding system that these boots would be perfect for. Because I'm a cheapskate, I'll try any stupid thing before I fork out for something that works. Instead of bindings, you need to carry a battery drill. For ski ascents, you just screw the toes down with some half inch sheet rock screws. If it's icy, just use longer screws and you have great ski crampons. Once the board is assembled at the top, screw the whole sole down at what ever angle looks right for that day (total adjust-ability). If you end up going too fast, you can use some of those longer sheet rock screws through the tail of the board to create some drag. I'd really appreciate any serious feedback on this new binding concept. I was going to patent it, but that is not in the spirit of snowboarding.

Awesome! I just fell out of my chair! :lol::lol::lol:

Somebody please move this thread to Off Topic.

Whatever happened to the idea of creating a soft boot forum anyway?

There is a softboot thread seven pages back. My little experiment kinda proved its relevancy on a hardboot site.

Ha ha. LOL. Thanks Bobd! I'm not so conceited as to NOT have gotten a kick out of that! (is that right? Double negatives can be pondersome!) Anyway, I got a kick out of your comment. Well done facetiousness is an art form I truly respect! :biggthump

Somebody please move this thread to Off Topic.

As noted in the company's OWN text above, those GTX's ARE more designed for CARVING, than most. At least that what they attempt in their sales blurb...but such blurbs always have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Note, though, that these were carving boots designed by the division of a company that identifies itself specifically to carving and alpine-related boarding.

It seems these boots might be a good stiff boot to use for Fin's upcoming "soft-boot" carving plate adapters. Too bad Raichle has decided to discontinue them. I guess it is possible that these boots MAY have actually been outsourced by Raichle for cost/manufacturing concerns...noting that all of Raichles other shells are plastic, and Raichle may have simply lost that outsource, or were just not profitable enough to make a go. But there is really NO info on these boots on the net, except for that one little blurb...almost like they never existed.

At 95 bucks on limited super-sale...they might be a good value...down from $300.

A long time ago Raichle used to make absolutely AWESOME all-leather (including all-leather supple inner-liner!!) climbing boots. My dad gave me his old climbing boots when I was in high school. These were "crafted" in the early 60's and were the best, most comfortable boots I'd ever owned. Even top-level Fabiano's don't match the quality of those old Raichles...I was sad when my feet grew too big for them!! I think the only way to get boots of that same quality is to have Dave Page, the Seattle custom hiking boot make "build' a custom pair. He's still in business.

Too bad Raichle has decided to discontinue them.

Dude, 'Raichle' is discontinued! The new company is 'Deeluxe' and it has been for several years.

I guess it is possible that these boots MAY have actually been outsourced by Raichle for cost/manufacturing concerns...noting that all of Raichles other shells are plastic, and Raichle may have simply lost that outsource, or were just not profitable enough to make a go.

Deeluxe makes and sells a lot more soft boots than hard boots...

go to http://deeluxe.com/products/ and see for yourself.