Note to New Members ×

TD2 Base plate variants.....

loopback

Was going through the gear today and noticed that I have 4 distinctly different TD2 base plates out of 6 plates total.

1. The what I call "std" short plate

2. A slightly different short plate

3. A very different long plate

4. A std long plate?

Anyone else have anything different?.....Just curious and looking for an excuse to do anything snowboard related instead of house stuff...

post-5581-141842314241_thumb.jpg

post-5581-141842314248_thumb.jpg

post-5581-141842314251_thumb.jpg

There are also the extra thick plates that are not dished out in the middle. I think they were made for a BX racer who snapped normal ones...

I would find them if they weren't buried in a nondescript TD2 FS thread.

I know which tread, I wanted to buy those. Here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=20759&stc=1&d=1265666343attachment.php?attachmentid=20760&stc=1&d=1265666491

I think what you have is just two variations of baseplate, multiplied by two variations of TD logo orientation.

I've noticed the printing variation, but did not realize there were 'long' and 'short' versions.

EDIT: three variations of baseplate. I did not realize there were straight-sided and concave-sided, either. :)

I think what you have is just two variations of baseplate, multiplied by two variations of TD logo orientation.

I've noticed the printing variation, but did not realize there were 'long' and 'short' versions.

EDIT: three variations of baseplate. I did not realize there were straight-sided and concave-sided, either. :)

Agreed, the logo orientation is the only difference in the first 2 types...

The worst part of this whole thing is that for some odd reason it bothers me that they don't all match each other .....it bothers me even more that it bothers me to begin with......F*ck I hate the summer.

:smashfrea

post-5581-141842314261_thumb.jpg

7 and counting

I think we've actually got more...

My brushed plate seem to be a short one, no long - see how close the block scre sits to the rotation slot.

Also, you didn't include the variable of the straight side vs. concave side.

It's becoming like rocket science :D

Then, when we've done with the plates, we can focus on the cant plates too!

Off-hand, I can tell you thet there are the cants with notches for degrees of cant on the high end and there are the ones that do not have notches.

Also, there are the thin winged ones, that are between 3-4mm and bend easilly even from normal riding, and the thicker ~6mm winged ones.

This thread should be renamed "Hardbooting for train spotters" :lol:

Agreed! What popped into my head too was those guys that record tail numbers of airplanes...

The scary thing is I originally had a column for serial numbers of the plates as well. I suspect Fin could provide a solid list of variants...not as much fun though. Knowing the magic number and then trying to get a picture of each one of the variants in this thread would be fun and a nice reference tool.

I have a pretty intricate spreadsheet I built for the "Number of Dead Snowboard Companies" thread a while back I had forgotten about. I was considering turning it into a website...maybe a wiki format.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2GKVtWsXKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2GKVtWsXKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNEVKBzlVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNEVKBzlVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

There was nothing more funny, than waiting for a train at a British train station, while listening to the conversation of a couple of train spotters. Clad in the mandatory anoraks, and with thermos of tea in hand, they would be going through their note books, talking about rare sightings of trains that were on an unusal track, or pulling an unusual load.

I would compare this thread to the days of steam, when trains had an aesthetic attraction stemming from the beauty of artful engineering. You could understand people's fascination in those days. I must admit to standing at the fence of rail yards as a kid, watching little 0-4-0 engines working the yard, and hoping for something bigger to rumble through.