Note to New Members ×

Do you like it hard or soft?

milkman

True words, Milkman....every single one of them.

Too bad your vid-post didn't come out during the big "debate". The partisanship was indeed entertaining.

I thought the end result of that debate/poll was that there was going to be a softboot forum added on somewhere between carving and offtopic. The last of the poll, showed 60 or 70% in favor of a softboot forum, whereby softboot issues could be discussed in earnest.

By the way: NICE office. :)

most of us here have and use softboots and the majority of that group calls themselves snowboarders

yup, I find the softboot evangelism ****ing annoying though because I know what both are all about and I know what the intention for this site was/is if I wanted to hear about how awesome you can carve on some pow rig or a t6 or some other softboot setup I'd be somewhere else.

few care about if you ride softboots, we just don't want to hear how you feel they are superior or even as good to carve.

Well I have a video to add to this thread but its highly classified between Fin and the locals here.

Fin, permission to show "TOP SECRET" video?

His email made it sound like it was OK and he was going to move forward with this, but I leave that up to you to decide.

His email made it sound like it was OK and he was going to move forward with this, but I leave that up to you to decide.

Just read the email.

Fin, or any other authority-on-site, I suggest you move this to the CC forum.

Now I know softboots and coiler should never be used in the same sentence, but watch this video before you judge.

<object height="300" width="400">

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10682870&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="300" width="400"></object>

There is a small, but at times very loud minority on BOL that feels their equipment is the only option (some on softboots). The reality is that almost all BOLers are stoked to see anyone carving on anything and many of us ride a wide range of equipment. I am really sorry that Cliff Ahumada (milkman I presume) and some others have the impression that things are otherwise.

I got to ride quite a bit this season with Dickie Moon. It was a pleasure. He speaks very highly of you.

Thanks for the videos.

Buell

I don't usually get involved in stuff like this but I just felt like chiming in. :smashfrea It's probably a dumb idea....

I joined BOL because I was interested in getting back into hardboots and there is no other online forum where I could get the info i needed. I wanted to say thanks to all the people who helped me get back into the sport. I had an amazing season and I feel like I am carving better than ever in many ways (Considering my decrepit body :p).

I am fairly new to the forum and I avoid giving advice (Unless it is on unicycling :eplus2:) because I think there are some people here who have a huge knowledge base and are very generous with their knowledge. I came to this forum to learn about hardbooting and I hope that I will be able to get the info I need without having to wade through debates that take the focus away from hardbooting. i don't think it is any better or worse than softbooting, it's just that I came here for a reason. I am thinking of getting some softies too next season so I will be looking for info from somewhere...

You folks are great and I hope we all continue to support the great sport of snowboarding. i feel pretty lucky to be back.

I have to admit that the debates are kind of entertaining. They keep me online when i should be doing useful things...;):D

There is a small, but at times very loud minority on BOL that feels their equipment is the only option (some on softboots). The reality is that almost all BOLers are stoked to see anyone carving on anything and many of us ride a wide range of equipment. I am really sorry that Cliff Ahumada (milkman I presume) and some others have the impression that things are otherwise.

I got to ride quite a bit this season with Dickie Moon. It was a pleasure. He speaks very highly of you.

Thanks for the videos.

Buell

Buell,

I am stoked that you are friends with Dickie. Because of carving I had the great pleasure of meeting him, hanging with him and becoming friends with him. He is quality.

I think I get the scene on BOL, it is a great place with all walks of life who are passionate about having fun on the snow!

Here is a photo of Dickie tearing it up on a beautiful day at Powder Mountain! He is definitely quality. Just saw his name in the new Surfers Journal today. It was an article about Blacks and I knew I would find it in there somewhere. :biggthump

Photo by Kipp (I LOVETT on BOL).

post-2671-141842313155_thumb.jpg

+1 for Dickie Moon, nice guy making sweet turns. Buell didn't mention that Mr. Moon is making it look easy on one of Buell's boards, less than 1/2 hr or the 3rd run if I remember right. Dickie rides on a whole different ocean on a level I hope to achieve one day. Thanks Buell, Rebecca and Dickie for a great season. Cody and Allen Kipp

post-2523-141842313175_thumb.jpg

christ, you were saying hardboots look too gay for you a year ago.

That was not said and I'd appreciate you to stop misquoting me on this. This seems to be your only beef with me as it comes up everytime you respond to one of my posts. What I did say was hardboots is taking one step closer to wearing a speed suit. You obviously think speed suits are gay. Aren't you also one that thinks all BXers should be wearing speedsuits? How would you like everyone to know you think speed suits are gay? Logically that statement makes scense, does the phrase, "hardboots is taking one step closer to studded belts and bandanas"? No. And if that's all you've got, one post and you had to go back a year then let it go, it was over a year ago, I've used hardboots since then, do not think they are gay, never said "hardboots are gay", that's that. I have also never said that softboots are superior for carving, they are not, however it can be done with softboots, they are cheaper, and in my opinion they are more comfortable, at least comparing all the boots I've ever worn. The most uncomfortable boot's I've worn came from the 80's and were softboots, but have not tried the modern hardboots with moldable liners. You know why I haven't and we'll leave it at that.

That was not said and I'd appreciate you to stop misquoting me on this. This seems to be your only beef with me as it comes up everytime you respond to one of my posts. What I did say was hardboots is taking one step closer to wearing a speed suit. You obviously think speed suits are gay. Aren't you also one that thinks all BXers should be wearing speedsuits? How would you like everyone to know you think speed suits are gay? Logically that statement makes scense, does the phrase, "hardboots is taking one step closer to studded belts and bandanas"? No. And if that's all you've got, one post and you had to go back a year then let it go, it was over a year ago, I've used hardboots since then, do not think they are gay, never said "hardboots are gay", that's that. I have also never said that softboots are superior for carving, they are not, however it can be done with softboots, they are cheaper, and in my opinion they are more comfortable, at least comparing all the boots I've ever worn. The most uncomfortable boot's I've worn came from the 80's and were softboots, but have not tried the modern hardboots with moldable liners. You know why I haven't and we'll leave it at that.

eff you, you're so full of ****. now you're trying to pick another fight in yet another thread. you spent at least your first 500 posts here trying to make the case that hardboots are way too uncool for you, called us skiers many times and then cried about it when someone pissed in your cheerios.

you offer this community nothing, I'm a dick here but at least I have something to offer, this point little other than mild entertainment and some gear knowledge but it's better than nothing.

eff you, you're so full of ****. now you're trying to pick another fight in yet another thread. you spent at least your first 500 posts here trying to make the case that hardboots are way too uncool for you, called us skiers many times and then cried about it when someone pissed in your cheerios.

you offer this community nothing, I'm a dick here but at least I have something to offer, this point little other than mild entertainment and some gear knowledge but it's better than nothing.

Yeah, you're right, I'm the one picking the fight, and I've never had anything to contribute, I've never done nothing but try to make your life miserable. How could I have anything to offer, I've only been snowboarding for 25+ years, I was an instructor at MRM and Snowshoe from 88-93, I've only came in 1st place in every BX comp I've been in, of course these were around here and not what could be considered a real BX comp on here, and I just got the first board that isn't made fun of around here just a couple months ago. The Madd BX? Yeah, it's a great board but I was so disappointed it wasn't the gianormous leap above my other boards I was told it was going to be. Better? Yes. Ferrari? Only if my other boards were corvettes. It's obvious you and Tex are chums with the admin as you guys can be as abusive with language and as "TGRish" as you can be but if you speak your opinion and it doesn't tow the company line then whoa. I put +1, but I guess I can't even agree with others who have my opinion? Yeah, that's what started this fight, +1.

can someone make the ban permanent?

I'm not chummy with the admin here it's just that I know how to straddle the line pretty well. or, in one case, I was just stating what other people thought and were not saying.

trailertrash WAS a admin, trust me, we're not online buddies. Jack, I like but he's deleted many of my posts and tells me when to cut the ****. in most cases I shut up for awhile. same goes for when Fin tells me to shut up.

have you been on TGR?

the +1 I was pointing in your case is BS, based on your posts.

can someone make the ban permanent?

I'm not chummy with the admin here it's just that I know how to straddle the line pretty well. or, in one case, I was just stating what other people thought and were not saying.

trailertrash WAS a admin, trust me, we're not online buddies. Jack, I like but he's deleted many of my posts and tells me when to cut the ****. in most cases I shut up for awhile. same goes for when Fin tells me to shut up.

have you been on TGR?

the +1 I was pointing in your case is BS, based on your posts.

I've been on TGR and see it more as a Ski site with a small snowboard chat room and the people there say things like "eff you", and "you're full of ****", and "go kill yourself". Didn't see any topics on snowboard carving and don't frequent the site since there is nothing of interest there for me.

I agreed with the video clip and would like to point out the sections that I felt spoke for me as well that I have not been able to successfully say without getting beaned.

"Hopefully people are stoked on surf style carving" +1

"If you're into hardboot riding and softbootriding and skiing, it's all good, if you just ride softboots, whatever, it's all good." +1

"softbootsailor is a veteran of carving, and he's the man" +1

"the last thing people want to do is promote a 'localism' thing, saw it in surfing lived it in surfing, and it's no good" +1

"open it up to everybody, Bomber, the mountain..." +1

"everyone should be having a good time" +1

"Kinda have a feeling a lot of the people that maybe are hardboot only that they have such limited days of alpine riding that they think everyone else should only alpine ride too or be allowed on Bomber Online. That's crazy." +1 +1 +1 I totally agree 110% That is crazy.

And I also agree that the arguing over hard and soft got too out of control. I was in the mix and got hot but if Fin's thread is still around check out the last few pages. And I had not been banned at that point, just chose to drop it all on my own. So +1 to the arguing thing being out of control as well. Did you agree with these points he made? I did agree and so I put +1

PD, this is the last thing Cliff posted (might be a little bit generous though ;))

I think I get the scene on BOL, it is a great place with all walks of life who are passionate about having fun on the snow!

I agree with these, like many of us do:

"Hopefully people are stoked on surf style carving" +1

"If you're into hardboot riding and softbootriding and skiing, it's all good, if you just ride softboots, whatever, it's all good." +1

"softbootsailor is a veteran of carving, and he's the man" +1

"everyone should be having a good time" +1

These, with all due respect to Cliff, I disagree with:

"the last thing people want to do is promote a 'localism' thing, saw it in surfing lived it in surfing, and it's no good" +1

There are occasionally aspects of localism, but I rarely see anyone harassed just because they are new or from somewhere else (although it does depend on how they act initially). Some people have pushed a softboot agenda and gotten a push back, which shouldn't be a surprise (sort of like paddling out at Pleasure Point in Santa Cruz and telling the regulars how much better the West side is).

Most of this is getting some pains in the a$$ that are annoying most of us, to behave or get out of the line up. You are one of them and AR is another one.

"open it up to everybody, Bomber, the mountain..." +1

On the mountain is great. Do what you want. We love to see other carvers on different equipment. Many softboot carvers participate here, but Bomber is not a forum for everybody. It is primarily a forum for hardbooters. Its like saying a forum about Ferrari should be open to discussing all other brands of sports car. At times it might be, but it is still a forum about Ferrari for people who want to discuss Ferrari.

"Kinda have a feeling a lot of the people that maybe are hardboot only that they have such limited days of alpine riding that they think everyone else should only alpine ride too or be allowed on Bomber Online. That's crazy." +1 +1 +1 I totally agree 110% That is crazy.

Can it be found here? Yes. However, almost no one here meets this description and I consider the statement "a lot of the people" incorrect. The large majority of us can't be lumped in with either extreme viewpoint. Cliff is coming to understand us better, thankfully, but you continue to pretend that our irritation with you has something to do with your equipment.