Note to New Members ×

Bitchin' Aspen Video....

Dave Winters

..Starring legendary surfers Joey Cabell, Mike Doyle, Larry Castruita, and "Happy" Bob Limacher (Softbootsailer)

Filmed in Aspen by Pure Carve founder Cliff Ahumada!

http://www.vimeo.com/9981200

The surf style is the style I love and naturally transitioned over to myself in hard boots.

The guy in the white pants with black knee patches expresses is perfectly it in a pure fluid fun & clean intuitive style. ;)

"The guy in the white pants with black knee patches expresses is perfectly it in a pure fluid fun & clean intuitive style. ;)" = Mike Doyle is the rider; same man at times wearing a red jacket.

"Hey, is that a real Maverick that one of the guys rides, or a maskaraded Coiler?" = Joey Cabell riding an original "Woody" Pure Carve Maverick

• 5 weeks later...

It's time for a Cliff comback, he was one of the smoothest and best carvers ever. And he's got the original Buttermilk carving videos and put on the best Expression Session events from that era. Cliff was the biggest catalyst for the freecarve movement that started about the same time I cranked up Snowboard Life and ran stories on him and the other surf carvers. What a great era when Buttermilk corduroy was virtually untouched.

I know that could rock a Ricolla scarf like Larry does in that video. I did get to ride with Cliff a few years back on an early april saturday in 08 @ the milk, it was a treat. Bob, I think I may have ridden with you that day also, I was the only freak riding racer style on a euro super board amongst the surfers. That was a very memorable day. Oh, most awesome video

mario

Oh, you were the guy with his chest on the snow. Like Cliff said on his video this morning, it doesn't matter how your carve, it's all good. I remember watching Shannon Melhuse and Chris Klug and Peter Bauer all cutting loose after a race just having fun carving down the mountain and it was amazing.

Kevin HOW ARE YOU BRO? It has been so long, stoked to find you here on BOL.

Snowboard Life ruled! For those of you who do not know Kevin's past, well all I can say is that the mag he created was the bible for carvers back in the day. Killer photos, articles, geez such incredible goodies packed in that mag! Kevin's passion for carving is unmatched. Please email me Kevin noah@sopris.net lets get caught up. Do you still play the guitar?