Note to New Members ×

SG Boards 2010-2011

Hans

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it isn't. The difference is in extra titanal laminates.

When you put the two side by side the difference is notable.

identical shape though.

Pro Team 185 vs. Race Full T 163 - YES there's a difference in titanium layer thickness, however Pro Team 163 vs. Race Full T 163 - NO difference

That's what I could compare in my own garage.

As of http://www.sgsnowboards.com/ "Titanal technology and dampening system, identical set up"

That's good as I ride a 163 Full race T (2008-2009)

I ride 185 Pro Team, 163 Pro Team and 163 Full T (all 08/09) and those are same construction. Also, no way 100EUR suggested retail price difference could give any extra value (inside construction) than the top sheet graphic. SG dealers in Europe sell those in nearly same price :)

As you look at 2010/2011 line in the top, there's a new Full Carve that seems to look like identical shape (57, 63, 70, 75, 80) but no Titatnium... as far as I speak Japanese :eplus2:

No, it isn't. The difference is in extra titanal laminates.

When you put the two side by side the difference is notable.

identical shape though.

So which has more Titanal: Full Race Pro Team - Full Race Titan

Is that mean stiffer in : Longitudinal or Torsion flex

I've heard SG 09 is stiffer if not the stiffest compare to '08 or '10, any comment?

Greatly appreciated for all input.

Cheers

RT

Directly from Sigi Grabner -

The Full Race Pro Team and the Full Race Titan are exactly the same boards!!! Only the limited topsheet and base graphics are different (and the price).

For 2011 there are some very interesting new sizes (which have been missing from the raceboard market the last few years ... at least in Europe ...).

The new full race are a tad bit softer ("adapted softened flex"), but they are also torsionally stiffer (new angles of the glass layers), which is nice :D ...

The Full Carve has the same shape as the Full Race, but is a glass board - some prefer it in soft snow and it is more affordable for teenagers, etc.

The Force is a completely new development and seems to get very good feedback :ices_ange ... it is not a titanal construction, because lots of riders prefer glass constructions for SBX (all the Oxess in the Olympics were glass/carbon constructions ...) ...

Any more questions?

Sigi was commenting on the boards' shapes, not their overall construction.

Shapes are identical, materials are the same, but the thickness of the titanal laminate is different between the two.

Weigh each board;)

You are very stubborn ;) ... but Sigi also confirmed that the construction is the same :ices_ange ...

Has it always gone under the Force name? I think I saw a rider in the BX olympics on one. I didn't know what it was at first but the red and yellow match the spots on the board. (bad angle, newsprint quality photo)

No, it was just called the SG Cross. I believe they had a team and a "stock".

The new one does sound like a different board though.