DiveBomber

Head SP tounges  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Head SP tounges

• Soft
    • Hard
    • Soft plus BTS
    • Hard Plus BTS

so im going through the differnt tounges i have and I have atleast 3 different stiffnesses. the last verions, the black ones, come with an orange tounge, that is almost like rubber,(I managed to get a hold of a set of those for BX) where as the boots I have (Yellow and Orange versions) both of the tounges they come with are a bit stiffer, I just ran the silver race tounge from my orange SP and Liners from Krypton pros, and it felt quite stiff (BTW with blues on rear). I dont think I'd want to ride allday with that set up.

I typically ride the "soft tounges" BUT i think they are as stiff as the current "hard" tounges from the latest generation of Heads

Soft. Recently I contacted Head asking them about replacement tongue. They told me they do not carry replacements. I am on 4th pair of Heads currently and soft tongue developed crack twice in the past in both cases from the outside edge in bend area. You can grind some material from hard ones to make softness you like. My latest Head are black with yellow tongues and I can not to make them work. It seems to me, that each model is bit different or maybe boots need some time to be worked out. I feel huge difference between my older red ones and new black. I am even considering new UPZ, but without change to try them on my feet I am not willing to dump $600 and find out they do not work. I am afraid of fit. I need wider and taller toe box and also stiffness of the boots is question for me.

Soft. Recently I contacted Head asking them about replacement tongue. They told me they do not carry replacements. I am on 4th pair of Heads currently and soft tongue developed crack twice in the past in both cases from the outside edge in bend area. You can grind some material from hard ones to make softness you like. My latest Head are black with yellow tongues and I can not to make them work. It seems to me, that each model is bit different or maybe boots need some time to be worked out. I feel huge difference between my older red ones and new black. I am even considering new UPZ, but without change to try them on my feet I am not willing to dump $600 and find out they do not work. I am afraid of fit. I need wider and taller toe box and also stiffness of the boots is question for me.

I went from Heads to UPZ (RTRs - previous model) and found the UPZ to be slightly wider in the toe box but otherwise a very similar fit. Not sure about the liners on the RC10s, but the ones on the RTRs really bothered me so I went to Dalbello Golds and all was good. Don't be afraid of the Head-UPZ switch, but be ready to switch out the liners.

I switched from heads to UPZ and am glad that I did. For me the differences in fit were very positive (for my foot): UPZ is narrower in the heel, and about the same in the toes (though I think a bit narrower just behind the toes, where I have had to get mine punched out. I couldn't imagine riding another boot now: they rule.