Note to New Members ×

New member Greetings

wingnuts514

Just wanted to give an official hello first post. I have been prowling the classifieds for acouple weeks looking for a tanker 200 with no luck!

My name is Eric and I have been riding a Salomon Definiton 156 with flow bindings since 2002 up here in Idaho. Well back when i bought that board I weighed about 155lbs and all I wanted to do was slide rails, etc. well these days I just love cruising and floating in the powder. And now I'm 6ft 215lbs so the tanker 200 seems like it would be a blast for me.

Anyways, nobody rides alpine around here so I am pretty much a noob and the only way I'm gonna find out what it's like is diving in and buying a board. Seems like a great group of guys on here and Iwould appreciate any suggestions.

thanks,

eric

thanks Lamby, i got some leads going now. I'm in Lewiston, Idaho halfway between schweitzer mountain and brundage mountain (my two favorites) Snow pack is good here and we got dumped on new years day. It was a great powder day, just wishing i was on a bigger board....:( where u from?

welcome to bomber Eric!!

Post in the thread that Thor suggested from the ride board the next time you're coming up to Schweetzer & we might be able to hook you up with a discount ticket. Toyota ski free day here fri. 29, so I'll have a free ticket for the 1st to claim it

There is a small core of hardbooters at schwietzer and I have some boards you could try out to get a good idea of what you'll like in a big board.

185 gs race 18waist

173 gs 18waist

165 sl 20.5 waist

173 twin all mtn

178 wide all mtn(very tanker like)

Usually Mark or I are at the clock tower at opening bell midweek and I'm there sundays. If you see a hardbooter come up & intoduce yourself.

see ya soon:biggthump The INWES posse is always looking for new recruits.

ps mon.&tue. next week we'll be at the trench festival in whitefish

correction toyota day at schwietzer is next Fri. so I will have an extra ticket for the 29th, email me thru my profile or post on the schwietzer checkin thread and we'll hook you up.:biggthump

What is you boot size? I have 26 thru 28 boots you could demo. You might consider buyng boots & binders on the classifieds or ebay to try out and resell if they don't work for you.

Thanks for the invite, my tanker 200 is coming tomorrow and I was planning on coming up next friday or saturday. I would have to take some time off work to come on a sunday but i would love to try riding hardboots sometime.

Just checking to make sure it arrived safely.

cheers,

sandy

thanks Lamby, i got some leads going now. I'm in Lewiston, Idaho halfway between schweitzer mountain and brundage mountain (my two favorites) Snow pack is good here and we got dumped on new years day. It was a great powder day, just wishing i was on a bigger board....:( where u from?

Good to hear you are getting the goods. I'm in Sun Valley. We have had a great week of storms.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you at ? we have some booters here @ schweitzer

let me know if your coming this way

Just wanted to give an official hello first post. I have been prowling the classifieds for acouple weeks looking for a tanker 200 with no luck!

My name is Eric and I have been riding a Salomon Definiton 156 with flow bindings since 2002 up here in Idaho. Well back when i bought that board I weighed about 155lbs and all I wanted to do was slide rails, etc. well these days I just love cruising and floating in the powder. And now I'm 6ft 215lbs so the tanker 200 seems like it would be a blast for me.

Anyways, nobody rides alpine around here so I am pretty much a noob and the only way I'm gonna find out what it's like is diving in and buying a board. Seems like a great group of guys on here and Iwould appreciate any suggestions.

thanks,

eric