Note to New Members ×

Strong enough from twisting?

CarvingScooby

Fellow Carvers,

Need you guys opinion on this screws configuration. I know the screws will hold the TD2 binding but is there any chance of twisting that might ripped the inserts or even bend the cant disk? No choice with this screws configuration due the factory screw up on the insert spacing on the front leg. Can't put the screws on row #2, insert holes not centre.

Suggestion, except thrash the deck (; Fin/Jack maybe...

Thanks in advance guys..

Roy

post-6136-141842296897_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842296899_thumb.jpg

I can't tell exactly what you're asking

what's wrong with your setup?

why would that not work?

Screws "square" configuration is off centre. On this config the right side of the centre plate is sticking longer thn the left side. The strongest screws config is "rectangular" by putting both screws on far end of the right plate but can't do it due the misalign of the inserts. Worry that 220lbs wud twist the right side part of the plate on heel turn.

Let me know, thx.

Roy

I run TD2's on my 177wcr, set up the same way. no problems. The center disk may be the strongest part in the binding system, and will not suffer from being mounted off-center. I have seen bent main plates, but never a bent center disk.. As far as the inserts on the board, I think you are still spaced properly for a standard 4x4 mounting. so this should have no effect.

hope this helps.

-pk

Typically if you can get 4 bolts in the center disk WITHOUT crossing over the center space, you should be good.

If you are concerned about pulling, you might add another set in the inserts in the red circle (in photo)

See attach pix. So centre plate will be strong enough from being pulled.

Cheers

Roy

post-6136-141842296911_thumb.jpg

See attach pix. So centre plate will be strong enough from being pulled.

Cheers

Roy

Hi Roy, there may be some difficulty in translation?

This is the center space I mentioned.

I am not exactly certain what you meant.

My suggestion of adding another set of bolts would mean you would have a total of 6 bolts in the center disk.

4 on one side of the center line (red) and two on the other.

TO BE CLEAR: I would NOT suggest anything other than a min of 4 bolts two on opposite sides of the red line.

Make sense? Bryan

post-198-141842296912_thumb.jpg

Hi Roy, there may be some difficulty in translation?

This is the center space I mentioned.

I am not exactly certain what you meant.

My suggestion of adding another set of bolts would mean you would have a total of 6 bolts in the center disk.

4 on one side of the center line (red) and two on the other.

TO BE CLEAR: I would NOT suggest anything other than a min of 4 bolts two on opposite sides of the red line.

Make sense? Bryan

Thanks again Bryan.

Cheers

Roy

100% fine with the configuration in the first image. That's how it's designed. Getting screws into 2 & 5 does reduce the load on the inserts, but if something is going to fail it's likely going to be the core itself rather than an individual insert.

I put bolts in 2 & 5 when things line up, but I don't worry about it if doesn't work out.