Note to New Members ×

Boot sizing advice -- help please -- deeluxe

z_in_nyc

I ride m27 Deeluxe Le Mans (325s) and they have always pinched my toes -- meaning that my toes feel like the stick into the boot -- even with my knees bent and even in the liner itself outside the boot. I measured my feet and they are definitely 27cm long. I also did the "two finger test" (sounds dirty) and i can easily fit two fingers behind my heel w/no liner in there.

Should I just man up and suck up the pain or will getting 28cm boots solve my problems? I guess I am asking if going a tad big on the boots is a problem. I ride a flexy all mountain board and dont need racing-like stiffness, but i am old enough to remember the pain of heel rise in the 90's and do not want to go back to that. I'm looking at getting that 225t's and wanted to know if to get a 28 or 27.

Thanks for the help!

A lower volume liner will free up toe space, can't recommend going to a larger boot, only a smaller one.

Zip-fit or Conformable liners will lock your heel down and open up real estate for your toes, I happen to have two sets of 26 Zip-fits, used, for sale.

I'm a 28 but dropped to a 26 using zip-fits, the liner just stretches around your foot, foam up in the front, cork and silicone around the ankle and heel

They also don't have a 1/2 inch of soft foam under your foot, just your foot bed and hard material, much more side to side control, and they don't pack out (get loose)

I had some Lemans, I understood they were the stiffest offered and the 225 was the softest (plastic shell)

I ride m27 Deeluxe Le Mans (325s) and they have always pinched my toes -- meaning that my toes feel like the stick into the boot -- even with my knees bent and even in the liner itself outside the boot. I measured my feet and they are definitely 27cm long. I also did the "two finger test" (sounds dirty) and i can easily fit two fingers behind my heel w/no liner in there.

Should I just man up and suck up the pain or will getting 28cm boots solve my problems? I guess I am asking if going a tad big on the boots is a problem. I ride a flexy all mountain board and dont need racing-like stiffness, but i am old enough to remember the pain of heel rise in the 90's and do not want to go back to that. I'm looking at getting that 225t's and wanted to know if to get a 28 or 27.

Thanks for the help!

Seems you have 3E or more type feet (wide feet). Don't change yr MP, stick to same MP but look for wide shell boots: Deeluxe Suzuka, Deeluxe Indy, Head Stratos Pro, UPZ etc.

Or change liner as URSLE suggest, change to thermo liner might solve the problem, add neoprene on your feet to the spots you wanna loosen the pressure whn mold the liners.

Hope it help,

Cheers

Roy

Thanks guys, that's very helpful.

I think I do have somewhat wide feet, but I definitely buy regular shoes and they fit fine. Also, don't I have a thermo liner already (I have the Deeluxe Le Mans which may be the precursors to the 225T)? The liner was heat molded a couple of years back when I got them. Should I get these blown out to widen them? And that would help the toes? Also, is there a way to thin out the current liner? Like remolding or I guess it'll just pack in over time.

thx

Thanks guys, that's very helpful.

I think I do have somewhat wide feet, but I definitely buy regular shoes and they fit fine. Also, don't I have a thermo liner already (I have the Deeluxe Le Mans which may be the precursors to the 225T)? The liner was heat molded a couple of years back when I got them. Should I get these blown out to widen them? And that would help the toes? Also, is there a way to thin out the current liner? Like remolding or I guess it'll just pack in over time.

thx

It's not going to hurt if you remolded the liners (the cheapest way) and at the same time u add volume on your toes and see if it's working before the shells. But to remind you if this way isn't solve the problem and next step you change the volume of your boot (by blown out the shell) you have to remolded the liners again. Question: How many times have u molded the liners?

Cheers

Roy

LeMans are one of the softest boots from Raichle/Deeluxe linup, comparable to 413 and 423. Old 125, 225 and 325 are all stiffer, 325 being a lot stiffer. My understanding is that new T325 are decent stiff too. I believe that T225 would be stiffer then LeMans, too, but can not tell for certain, I only had the T700 in my hands, from the T series.

Someone did a rough boot stiffness comparison chart before, maybe search for that?

Thanks, guess I'll stick w the LeMans if they are the softest.

I think i molded it just once, but I do recall packing the toes with extra socks because the toes felt cramped. I used to ride burton fire's and they were tight in the toes as well. I guess I will try to get the plastic blown out a bit next time i'm at a resort.

thanks for the help

remolding the liners with the proper toe caps, or something that works as well as them will probably help a huge amount. Sounds like you just have some issues with your toes that should be resolved with a Thermo Flex liner and proper molding. Good luck!

+1 ... Agreed. I know Andrea (YYZ) needed two neoprene toe caps when thermo-molding to get the toe room that she wanted.

I have a wide foot also and after paying to get my liners molded and still having the toes be too tight I decided to DIY. I saw my teenage daughter

using a toe divider thing that girls use for painting their nails and I said

give me that! I used the divider and a toe cap plus my sock and this gave me enough room when I molded the liners. This was on a 225T.

I believe the shape of a rider's foot is the largest contributor to toe pain and often getting the wrong size boot when buying without trying. With the Raichle/DeeLuxe shell, having a "peasant's" foot is one of the most problematic. If you're lucky and have the "Egyptian" shape you will likely fit nicely.

post-35-141842296262_thumb.jpg