Note to New Members ×

ski ward carving night

griff

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always kind of day to day, since we don't get our rehearsal schedule for the day until fairly late the previous evening. I'll post when I know, though. I'd hoped to come out to run some gates sometime but evenings are going to be tough now that we're out of the studio and in the theatre.

That was fun the other day but it got a little soupy after 1PM. There's one slightly concave spot right above the park where it looks like a carve-around ought to be possible but I never really got more than a 270 on a true rail. Went up and slipped a few of the bigger ruts before I left, at least :^)

During the work week ward opens at 11, I live right around the block so when I see a window to go anwhere from 11 to 1 I'll go. During this time frame nobody is there so you have the place to your self. So if you want to catch ward during the week let me know.

• 10 months later...

Sorry guys -

Although I always enjoyed setting gates, coaching the kids and watching you guys ride, I moved to CT this year and thus will not be available to come up for carving nights. you can beg fleck, but Ward didn't seem to interested either...

we'll be racing there on Sunday though!

-noah

For the record I did ask if we could get a night--I'll show you the tire marks..I took one for ya Steve.. I was told everynight there is a group so if something frees up I think we would just have to pick a night and lay down some trenches which could make up for the tire marks. I would say Wed night best with the two for one than again with such a small hill hey anyone for moving gates!!!!

You have that right about wachu I went a few times at night and if your not going straight down the run someone is coming from behind to take you out, plus maybe I have been hitting it wrong but their grooming at night has been the worst I have seen in 25 years of going there. I can't wait for work to slow down so I can get up there in the morning for a few runs.. Ward is small but I have never had a bad outting there when I can play with other carvers...I'm 5 min from Ward so any night works for me as well as most lunch hours I can get out and play for an hour or so. So if you want to come over post it, email me and I'll see ya there...

Yahoo finally we got some real snow!!!!

Geoffv, sorry I did not see your post to late I was stuck in traffic and by the time I got home I crashed for the night..I hope the condictions were good and not too many people--I think they have a high school race on thurs night which can bring in way too many kids for ward...