Note to New Members ×

What HAVE you spent on a single snowboard?

www.oldsnowboards.com

What is the most you have ever spent on any snowboard? Dollars please.  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most you have ever spent on any snowboard? Dollars please.

• 0-200$
    • 200-400$
    • 400-600$
    • 600-800$
    • 800-1000$
    • 1000-1500$
    • 1500-2000$
    • 2000-2500$
    • 2500-3000$
    • over 3000$

What is the most you have ever spent on any snowboard? This can include anything attached to the snowboard I.E. bindings.

Please stay on topic and talk nice. I have a "Delete" button and I am not afraid to use it ;)

This includes alpine, powder, collector boards, solid gold boards with diamond studded stomp pads.

This sold yesterday for 3500$ , no, not mine, but I do believe it was a BOL member that won.

Really sweet example of an important board.

post-198-141842293261_thumb.jpg

Comment from a fellow BOL member:

You have quite a few Tinklers sir. Why don't you start? ;)

My response:

I did ;) I was the first to post. However, I have not paid more than 2000$ for a Tinkler :eek:

Those have ranged from 500$ to approx. 1800$

I pulled that since I realized you were in the process of adding the poll. :)

now that I think about it the most I've ever paid for a new board retail was $380 for a 186 Nitro Diablo in '92, the least was $15 for a well used goofy Mistral Ecstasy at a yard sale in '99,

the 1st was $50 for a lightly used expirimental performer in '84, the last was $50 well used 173 FP last week(thanks Dave). There's been lots of post season NOS discounts & a few pristine used in between but the holy grail of a custom built to my specs is in my sights. A full system Tinkler would be great but I gotta start slow.

I put down $800-$1000.00, but I include the cost of the bindings and storage bags in that amount.

Boots are a distinctly separate item...

Yes, "Board + Bindings" for sure. Bag is probably gray area, however is probably not a huge factor unless it was Gucci. :biggthump

In this case add 2200$

With some custom hand bags going for 200,000.00 $$$

post-198-141842293308_thumb.jpg

if bindings are included as well as set of s-flex plates that puts me to like $1700.

IDK, to me those things are a separate purchase

Understood, I agree they may be a seperate purchase, however they are a part of "A Snowboard" and for the purposes of this poll they are included.

What is the most you have ever spent on any snowboard? This can include anything attached to the snowboard I.E. bindings.

mixing collectors items and new boards in the same poll seems a bit off to me...?

It makes perfect sense to me.There are boards that cost around 3000.00 for freecarve AND collectors boards. Each is,afterall,a snowboard.And if you started back when the sport did it's interesting to see boards from a long bygone era costing as much as the top of current tech.