Ottawa

Keyser Soze

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like all the local hills are gtg for the weekend! I caved and went to St Sauveur last Saturday.....300+ plus people on basically 1 run...I managed 4 linked, carved turns on the day. But it was snow!!

I'll be carving the sh!t out of all 280 vertical feet at Pakenham on Sat and Sunday morning this weekend

I could easily be talked into Friday daytime....anywhere but Fortune, Not sure if anywhere will be open yet though....I swore last year to NEVER ride at Tremblant on a Saturday again and can't justify the $60 lift pass for Friday.

How was it yesterday??

I could easily be talked into Friday daytime....anywhere but Fortune, Not sure if anywhere will be open yet though....

I'd be up for Friday, Loopback! I think that both Vorlage and Calabogie will be open that day. (I might check that tomorrow though) I don't have wheels, though...so could I meet you somewhere bus-friendly? (I live in Ottawa South)

I rode Pakenham Thurs. night, it was hard, icy and fast as sh!t.....it was awesome!

I rode Pakenham from 9-11 this morning and it was perfect machine groomed packed powder, no ice at all but kinda slow.

They have 3 runs plus the 2 beginner rope tow runs....Slalom, Exhibition and Clifford are the open runs.

I might go back for a few hrs tonight (8-10) and am definitely going for 9am tomorrow. philpjo is going too and another carver (non BOL guy I think,Rick) usually appears every Sunday.

We are planning to try and ride Calabogie on Thursdays in the New Year as it is $10 with a SP from anther hill.....

//Paul

Yes, I think Loopback, Keyser Soze, CaRtharthis, and myself all live in or around Ottawa.

I'm off until the 11th of January, and will be back in Ottawa around New Year's if you're looking for riding company. It would be my pleasure! I also have no wheels at the moment, although sometimes friends lend me their cars :)

Cheers,

Ian :)

Hey. I'm game for evenings. Dropping the boards for fresh grind and wax tomorrow afternoon. When Ian gets back to town we will be baking my liners and we will be off to the races. Could posibly ride this weekend for a few hours in my old boots if anyone is up for it.

Email me for contact info. Need to ride at least one night a week this year. Lost most of th season last year so alot of time to make up for.

Possibly just an English expression. Je n'ai acun d'idee comment on peut le dire en francais.

"off to the races" implies simply that all tasks are finished one is ready to go.

Ahhh, gotcha. I thought there were actual races happening in Tremblant or something, and you were going to watch them with Ian.

And then I felt sad about being excluded.

And then I cried.

Speaking of Tremblant. Anyone in for a day trip or preferably an overnight?

And the cry continues over here. Seems as though both my Prior's have some de-lam. Suspected it on the short one but big red only has a handful of days on it. Also there is no visible damage in the de-laminated area. Gotta love tuners who still do everything by hand and actually take the time to inspect the board. Hats off to Jose!!

That sucks, Chris. Luckily things can be glued back together. I split the tail on my Burton about 6 years ago, sent it to the factory, and their repair is still holding up. Magic glue :)

Who is this tuner, Jose?

I'm in for a day trip to Tremblant, any day next week except for Tuesday! I'll probably need to have my Stubby tuned before we go. Do you have your toe caps yet for molding?

Happy New Year everyone :biggthump

Keyser Soze - I've had good tunes from both Tommy & Lefebvre and Kunstadt. (Both on Bank street) I think both use fancy tuning machines - Montana and Wintersteiger respectively. When I take my board in, it's usually for a base grind to keep it flat. I'm going to start a thread asking others about their maintenance routines.

The weekend works great for me too.

Joe Mama's is a good shop, I just wouldn't have thought to take a carving board there 'cause they're so punk :D They've given some friends of mine really good gear advice on soft boards. I'll try him out some time!