Note to New Members ×

Ottawa

Keyser Soze

T&L on Bank did burn down and they are currently using their warehouse off Russell - however you can not drop off a board for a tune-up at the warehouse. I believe for a T&L tune-up you have to head to Carling. T&L were a little further south on Bank for a while, but the space has been taken over by Kunstandt.

If people need boot fitting, Ian is a master - he used my oven to fit my new boots and it worked like a charm.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If people need boot fitting, Ian is a master - he used my oven to fit my new boots and it worked like a charm.

Thank you Tabatha, but I wouldn't call me a master yet...it was my first successful thermo-mold!

You guys won't believe this - I took my Coiler into the aforementioned Kunstadt on Bank St. today for a tune, and a guy named Gord there surprised me by:

• Recognizing an alpine board
  • Recognizing the Coiler brand
  • Saying that he owns two Skwals! He offered to let me take one out for a day :eek: What's 30 degrees between friends, right?

I was out at Vorlage last night, and it was pretty good. There were a fair number of bumps and icy spots, and only two or three runs open so far. They were snow-making a lot on the other half of the hill, though...I believe I heard someone say the rest would be open around Thursday.

I'll be back out Thursday night with friends if anyone else is free to play :D

Gord gave me free screws for my bindings 'cause I was a few short (and he used to be a rep). He also has a few short boards he is trying to sell. I asked Brian P about them and he said they are an older variety and not high quality - but if anyone needs a small cheapo board he has about 6. I think they are SMALL though.

philpjo and I are in the car on our way to Philly for a few days work, we're going to try and hit somewhere in Vermont/NY on the way back. Enjoy Tuesday!!

Kundstats small boards are Scott Strikers @152cm and a few Oxygen Apex at 156cm (white and baby blue) I know nothing about the Scotts but bought an O2 Apex 165cm a few years back from them for $50 brand new and still ride it every year. The Kanata location has 1 O2 and 1 Scott, the rest are at Bank.....

Anyone in for a weekday at Calabogie in Feb??

//Paul

There are so many of us around here, and I don't think many of us have had a chance to ride together. Let's change that!

Here's my suggestion: contribute aliases and names (is everyone okay with that?) to the list below of anyone in the Ottawa area. Beside your name, just write your general availability (ie. Weekends, Tuesday nights, Weekdays in order of preference) for riding. Feel free to invite anyone who is not on Bomber also. We'll see what shakes out a pick a day to rip it up together!

<copy, paste="" in="" reply="">(copy and paste list into reply as opposed to quoting to update)

Ian M - Ian MacKenzie - Fridays, weekends, weeknights :)

Tabatha -

CaRtharsis -

Loopback -

Keyser Soze -

Knightchocolate -

Brian ___ (Tabby's teacher at Fortune)</copy,>

philpjo and I are in the car on our way to Philly for a few days work, we're going to try and hit somewhere in Vermont/NY on the way back. Enjoy Tuesday!!

Anyone in for a weekday at Calabogie in Feb??

//Paul

Sorry to hear that Paul, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the larger hills!

Fridays should work for me in February, Tabby and I might do a Tremblant day on a Friday also... Chris also expressed interest today too.

Tabatha and I will be out at Vorlage Tuesday Jan. 12th for the evening if anyone else would like to come play :D

Unfortunately, I've got class on Tuesday nights. As for the rest of my avail, I play Futsal Wednesday nights, and Thursday may be a recovery day for my knee. Other than that, I'll start riding at good old empty Cascades in the evenings when my board arrives.

Is anybody riding spacers on their metal?

Tabatha - Tabatha (aka: Tabby) - most evenings and most weekends (pretty much open to suggestions)

CaRtharsis - Chris Hampton - weeknights - weekends(sundays) and can be easily convinced to take a weekday.

Loopback -

Keyser Soze -

Knightchocolate -

Brian (Tabby's teacher at Fortune)

and yes - Ian and I are looking for a Friday to head down to Tremblant. if we do - we should probably post on the Quebec discussion string and let them know we are coming

Unfortunately, I've got class on Tuesday nights. As for the rest of my avail, I play Futsal Wednesday nights, and Thursday may be a recovery day for my knee. Other than that, I'll start riding at good old empty Cascades in the evenings when my board arrives. Is anybody riding spacers on their metal?

Sorry to hear you can't make it! What board are you receiving? I don't use spacers, but I have plush elastomers on my TD3's. Chris was talking yesterday about running plastic protective plates on his new Coiler because he uses Catek's. Bruce is also reinforcing the board because of that binding choice. Which bindings are you running?

Tabatha - Tabatha (aka: Tabby) - most evenings and most weekends (pretty much open to suggestions)

CaRtharsis - Chris Hampton - weeknights - weekends(sundays) and can be easily convinced to take a weekday.

Loopback -

Keyser Soze - possibly Monday or Friday evening

Knightchocolate -

I just got an 09 SG, and I've got Catek WCs on the way. With the Broken Virus thread, I've become really concerned about running Cateks on my first foray into the wonderful world of metal.

Chris, thanks for keeping me in mind, I was looking at the Catek spacers, but given that I'm on a budget, I'll likely make some homemade plates from Teflon or Lexan. I'm looking into it tomorrow.

I have nothing on my metal schtubby except TD2s. Am looking for suspension kit and waiting to see what happens with the Apex Composites graphite plate that the Jasey is going to use to win in Vancouver!

Loopback - Paul - GoodToGo just about anytime except weekend days, 5+ weeks of vacation to use or lose by April!!

Knightchocolate -

Philpjo

Ian M - Ian MacKenzie - Fridays, weekends, weeknights Tabatha - Tabatha (aka: Tabby) - most evenings and most weekends (pretty much open to suggestions) CaRtharsis - Chris Hampton - weeknights - weekends(sundays) and can be easily convinced to take a weekday. Loopback - Paul - GoodToGo just about anytime except weekend days, 5+ weeks of vacation to use or lose by April!! Keyser Soze - possibly Monday or Friday evening Knightchocolate - Brian (Tabby's teacher at Fortune) Philpjo - Phil - Week nights and weekend days work for me. Any other times, need a bit of notice. Need to block off time from reffing hockey. Only nights I can't make it is if my daughter is playing hockey. Loopback and I are talking about doing $10 Thursdays at Calabogie in Feb.

So loopback are you interested in riding tonight? Ian and Tabby will be @ Vorlage @ 6 and I'll be there sometime after.

Keyser, Bruce and I had numerous discussions about Cateks on Metal. He prefers the TD's. That being said, he has numerous people riding Cateks on his boards and has yet to actually see any issues. My VSR will have extra reinforcements built in to help compensate. That being said, I am a big guy and can lay ALOT of pressure to my edges so we are being proactive in the construction.

I will still be installing the catek plates just cause I don't want to mess up the top sheet more than anything. And the new setup will be run on D3's so we'll see how all that works out.

Ian M - Ian MacKenzie - Fridays, weekends, weeknights

Loopback - Paul - GoodToGo just about anytime except weekend days, 5+ weeks of vacation to use or lose by April!!

Knightchocolate - Brian (Tabby's teacher at Fortune)

Philpjo - Phil - Week nights and weekend days work for me. Any other times, need a bit of notice. Need to block off time from reffing hockey. Only nights I can't make it is if my daughter is playing hockey. Loopback and I are talking about doing $10 Thursdays at Calabogie in Feb.

Just cleaning this post up a bit.

Calabogie ha ha NO. Bad memories.

Tabby and I rode at Vorlage tonight, and it was empty! 90% of the time, we had whatever run we were on completely to ourselves :D

The snow was very firm, but not icy; nice and consistent too!

Of the three times I've ridden there evenings this year, it was the quietest. Yay for weeknights at Vorlage!! :biggthump

1) Ian M - Ian MacKenzie - Fridays, weekends, weeknights

2) Tabatha - Tabatha (aka: Tabby) - most evenings and most weekends (pretty much open to suggestions)

3) CaRtharsis - Chris Hampton - weeknights - weekends(sundays) and can be easily convinced to take a weekday.

4) Loopback - Paul - GoodToGo just about anytime except weekend days, 5+ weeks of vacation to use or lose by April!!

5) Keyser Soze - possibly Monday or Friday evening

6) Knightchocolate – Angus Fairgrieve – some weeknights, most weekends. (I Ride tremb every Friday).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

7) Brian (Tabby's teacher at Fortune)

8) Philpjo - Phil - Week nights and weekend days work for me. Any other times, need a bit of notice. Need to block off time from reffing hockey. Only nights I can't make it is if my daughter is playing hockey. Loopback and I are talking about doing $10 Thursdays at Calabogie in Feb.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

ps. I am moving to France :p march 1st for a new job, so let's rip it before I leave Ottawa :confused: